Mini Barlow Owners

BrownEyedMe

Aug 30, 2011
Hi DB Lovers :smile:
I recently purchased and am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my pebbled leather Mini Barlow in elephant from I :heart: Dooney. I am on the hunt for a suitable wallet to accompany her which leads me to my question. How many and how big are the slip pockets in the main compartment of the Mini Barlow? I'm leaning towards the slim continental clutch in hopes there's a large (long) enough slip pocket in the main compartment to put it in. If not my second choice is the small flap wallet. I've watched the video on QVC of the Saffiano Mini Barlow and if memory serves me correctly there was a long slip pocket in the main compartment, but I'm not sure if the pebbled leather is the same. I also purchased the small coin case at the same time I purchased the Mini Barlow which could be my third opinion to use as a wallet. For those of you that have the Mini Barlow please feel free to post your wallet/bag combos and also what you carry as far as contents on a daily basis. I love to see what everyone carries and looking at everyone's pictures helps pass the time while I'm waiting on pins and needles to receive my new bag.

I am carrying my mini now. In the front section I carry my iPhone 6 and there is a card sized slip pocket.

image.jpg

In the big center section is my wallet, tissue pack, sanitizer, small lotion, and band aid pack. With all that I can get an 8oz water in too. It has a big slip pocket and a zipper pocket.
image.jpg

For an idea of my wallet size here it is with a pocket tissue pack
image.jpg

Thanks for the pictures aerinha. I'm thinking the slim clutch would work after seeing your pictures. If it doesn't fit in the slip pocket I could always use that pocket for my phone. (iPhone 6S+)

Hi DB Lovers :smile:
I recently purchased and am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my pebbled leather Mini Barlow in elephant from I :heart: Dooney. I am on the hunt for a suitable wallet to accompany her which leads me to my question. How many and how big are the slip pockets in the main compartment of the Mini Barlow? I'm leaning towards the slim continental clutch in hopes there's a large (long) enough slip pocket in the main compartment to put it in. If not my second choice is the small flap wallet. I've watched the video on QVC of the Saffiano Mini Barlow and if memory serves me correctly there was a long slip pocket in the main compartment, but I'm not sure if the pebbled leather is the same. I also purchased the small coin case at the same time I purchased the Mini Barlow which could be my third opinion to use as a wallet. For those of you that have the Mini Barlow please feel free to post your wallet/bag combos and also what you carry as far as contents on a daily basis. I love to see what everyone carries and looking at everyone's pictures helps pass the time while I'm waiting on pins and needles to receive my new bag.

I have the pebbled leather Mini Barlow as well. The main compartment has a zippered pocket and a open slip pocket which I have my Moto Droid cell phone in, it can hold my iPhone 5s in its otter box case (work cell) which I normally keep in the back side section. The main section has my Coach small wallet with rivets, check book, brush, pill box. I have my keys and travel size kleenex in the front section. My larger wallet fits in the center section, but I prefer to use my smaller wallet in this purse.

View attachment 3665468

Attachments

• mini barlow int.png
    mini barlow int.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 793
:yahoo:She's here, she's here! :yahoo:
I absolutely LOVE her. I've already moved in and registered her. For her size she does hold more than what I thought. I do wish she was just a teeny bit bigger but she's still perfect. I did order the slim continental clutch to go with her. That should be arriving next week some time. I was hoping the slim clutch would fit in the slip pocket in the main compartment but I don't think it will, that's okay though. My iPhone 6S+ in a Otterbox Commuter case does fit in the slip pocket as well as both of the outside pockets if anyone has that phone/case combination and is wondering.

So here is what I'm carrying now and I have room for more.
In the Sparkle case are odds and ends (phone charger, ChapStick, comb/brush, pen, ect)
Fossil Sunglasses
Keys
In the coin case are my credit/debit cards, rewards cards, and drivers license. These will be moved to the slim clutch when I get it.
Fossil coin case are my earbuds which will be moved to the Dooney coin case when the slim clutch gets here.
Advil & Aleve in the Tupperware smiget.
Phone, but I was using it to take pictures.

IMG_0593.JPG

And here she is all loaded

FullSizeRender.jpg

I have a weakness for satchels that also have a shoulder strap, can't explain it, I just do. I did take the middle section out of the strap to shorten it. It is very comfortable to wear on the shoulder and hits in the right spot to get into without taking it off my shoulder. The handles are easy for hand carry and will also fit in the crook of my arm nicely. I haven't tried it crossbody yet.

Overall I'm very pleased. This bag brought me back to Dooney after a hiatus. I'd been carrying Coach for several years when this little beauty caught my eye. I had forgotten the quality of Dooney products and I will say in my opinion they far surpass Coach.

I absolutely LOVE her. I've already moved in and registered her. For her size she does hold more than what I thought. I do wish she was just a teeny bit bigger but she's still perfect. I did order the slim continental clutch to go with her. That should be arriving next week some time. I was hoping the slim clutch would fit in the slip pocket in the main compartment but I don't think it will, that's okay though. My iPhone 6S+ in a Otterbox Commuter case does fit in the slip pocket as well as both of the outside pockets if anyone has that phone/case combination and is wondering.

In the Sparkle case are odds and ends (phone charger, ChapStick, comb/brush, pen, ect)
Fossil Sunglasses
Keys
In the coin case are my credit/debit cards, rewards cards, and drivers license. These will be moved to the slim clutch when I get it.
Fossil coin case are my earbuds which will be moved to the Dooney coin case when the slim clutch gets here.

View attachment 3668569

View attachment 3668583

I have a weakness for satchels that also have a shoulder strap, can't explain it, I just do. I did take the middle section out of the strap to shorten it. It is very comfortable to wear on the shoulder and hits in the right spot to get into without taking it off my shoulder. The handles are easy for hand carry and will also fit in the crook of my arm nicely. I haven't tried it crossbody yet.

Overall I'm very pleased. This bag brought me back to Dooney after a hiatus. I'd been carrying Coach for several years when this little beauty caught my eye. I had forgotten the quality of Dooney products and I will say in my opinion they far surpass Coach.

Hi BEM!:smile:

Thanks for the pics and the review! I saw the mini Barlow at the Las Vegas outlet and she's so cute! I'm embracing smaller bags, and like you, I love satchels with a shoulder strap. As much as I've downsized, I still think the mini Barlow may be too small, but I'm so tempted to try! I'll have to look at her again if they have them at the Livermore outlet.
Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: BrownEyedMe

Fossil Sunglasses
Keys

View attachment 3668569

View attachment 3668583

Glad it works for you. I love the style and the mini is so adorable. And I agree, very few brands are equal in quality to Dooney, especially when you consider price.

Fossil Sunglasses
Keys

View attachment 3668569

View attachment 3668583

Absolutely darling bag! Congrats and enjoy.