Mini Bags + iPhone dilemma (not fitting) IDEA!

Jan 22, 2015
I was wondering about an idea I had for those of us that use the extremely small mini/nano size bags that don’t hold a phone. If you have a cellular based Apple Watch, and you don’t want to wear it on your wrist (I wear rolex) - is there any type of case that you could put your Apple Watch in? Like without the strap to avoid bulkyness. like a little slim holder of some kind that makes the Apple Watch face easier to hold in your hand when you take it out to look at? Like a micro sized iPhone? please tell me something like this exists? Is this a dumb idea? Is this something everyone already does? Lolol! Help! 5CB0C61D-BAD2-467F-A4D3-D9297BA581EE.jpeg

I've gone through the nano bag phase and tbh, after using it a few times (literally 2x in my case), I've lost all interest in carrying nano bags. I'm talking about something like a constance slim wallet (4.9" x 4" x 1.2"), probably similar in size as the bag in the photo you've shown. I have to leave most of my essentials in the car, like my makeup pouch, key holder, and only carry a key fob and a few cards in the wallet with me. Even if you only carry the apple watch face, I assume you'd still need to carry the airpods or else how are you going to make/receive calls without being on speaker mode? Unless you don't mind strangers overhearing your conversation. If your nano bag has a zipper compartment, you can technically slide in your apple watch in there, then use the rest of the space to hold your airpods, key fob, and a few cards + ID. Or you get an apple watch fob and hook it to the chain strap of your bag, but I'd be paranoid about it falling off without me noticing or someone sees the watch dangling outside of my bag and attempt to snatch it. I wouldn't call it a dumb idea, it just become very impractical and annoying, but whether or not it's worth the hassle, it's really your call.

1679421029579.png

I've actually considered this! I don't think it's a bad idea at all. They have plastic cases specifically for the watch peice on Amazon, then you could take the watch band off to save even more space. I also saw someone wearing a mini bag, and then a separate phone case that had a pearl cross body strap. It looked cute!

I think you could be onto something! I am not sure if it will work or how convenient it would be, but I am going to try it when I am in a situation where I can be away from my phone for a few hours sometime in the next few days. I will report back!

I do feel like you'd have to have airpods with you, if you plan on taking calls. And I also feel like if it does work from a functional standpoint, it would have to be someone who can live without all of the other functions of their phone besides calls, texts, and music.

I've actually considered this! I don't think it's a bad idea at all. They have plastic cases specifically for the watch peice on Amazon, then you could take the watch band off to save even more space. I also saw someone wearing a mini bag, and then a separate phone case that had a pearl cross body strap. It looked cute!
The pearl strap idea for phone actually was in Emily In Paris. One of the character played by Ashley Park carries around her phone this way and since then, I have seen many people do it.

Whenever I carry my WOC (which barely fits my phone if it’s full), I make sure I wear something with pockets. Even skirts and dresses have pockets these days. Where I live, we are wearing coats most days of the year so it works out. I like the concept of mini or micro bags but I still need to carry my wipes, hand sanitizer, and need a place to keep my sun glasses.

As for the Apple Watch. I love tracking my steps. Would it count if you are not wearing it?

I don’t have nano-sized bags but I got an iPhone 12 Mini then eventually upgraded to an iPhone 13 Mini to fit my small/mini bags.

It sucks though because Apple didn’t produce an iPhone 14 Mini which could mean the Mini-sized iPhones are out for good.

As for the Apple Watch. I love tracking my steps. Would it count if you are not wearing it?
Apple watch can still count steps even when it's in your pocket or a purse, there's GPS built in that work simultaneously with the accelerometer (like how the phone tracks our steps), it just won't be as accurate as when worn on your wrist. Just give or take 500 steps from the total count you should be fine.