mini avalon vs mini marley

cbrooke

Feb 11, 2007
Anyone have both and can post side-by-side pics? What are the main differences? to me they do seem to both be similar size and shape with the marley maybe being deeper and the avalon being a more dressy style. Is the avalon strap long enough to be worn crossbody?

THANKS!

Do the 2 handles fit over your shoulder easily? Or is it a tight squeeze?

Thanks!

My mini avalon is by far the most comfortable satchel to be worn over the shoulder. No other bags beats it, I think I've seen you in the RM forums. I can tell you that it fits better than the RM Matinee! I don't even use the extra shoulder strap because the handles are comfortable enough!

Here is the link to the thread I started a while back about how comfortable I feel about carrying Treesje bags:

http://forum.purseblog.com/treesje/what-i-like-about-treesje-484171.html

Last edited:
Thanks, tejava! I haven't been on the RM sf for a while. I just got too fed up with the whole mess with those bags. I do, however, still have my Matinee.

I've got my eye on the sky Mini Avalon, but I may only buy if it goes on sale, since I'm unsure of the leather. It's on my list!

Do the 2 handles fit over your shoulder easily? Or is it a tight squeeze?

Thanks!

I have a mini Avalon and it is by far the most comfortable satchel to wear over the shoulder with the double handles, imho. It's not a tight squeeze - plenty of room. :smile: As others have mentioned, the shoulder strap is a tad too short to wear crossbody. In fact, I rarely use the shoulder strap if ever.

The style, shape and usefulness of the Avalon makes me want another one in another color. If there's a new color with gunmetal hardware, I'm in!

While the non-mini Marley can be worn crossbody and over the shoulder, it looked too wide and long on me. Maybe the mini Marley would work better? :shrugs: