mini avalon vs mini marley

cbrooke

Feb 11, 2007
Anyone have both and can post side-by-side pics? What are the main differences? to me they do seem to both be similar size and shape with the marley maybe being deeper and the avalon being a more dressy style. Is the avalon strap long enough to be worn crossbody?

THANKS!

tejava

O.G.
Jun 30, 2008
I don't have the mini marley, but I have the mini avalon. The shoulder strap on the mini avalon is not long enough to be worn crossbody.

tejava

O.G.
Jun 30, 2008
Do the 2 handles fit over your shoulder easily? Or is it a tight squeeze?

Thanks!
My mini avalon is by far the most comfortable satchel to be worn over the shoulder. No other bags beats it, I think I've seen you in the RM forums. I can tell you that it fits better than the RM Matinee! I don't even use the extra shoulder strap because the handles are comfortable enough!

Here is the link to the thread I started a while back about how comfortable I feel about carrying Treesje bags:

http://forum.purseblog.com/treesje/what-i-like-about-treesje-484171.html

Last edited:

fabae

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Way Down Yonder
Thanks, tejava! I haven't been on the RM sf for a while. I just got too fed up with the whole mess with those bags. I do, however, still have my Matinee.

I've got my eye on the sky Mini Avalon, but I may only buy if it goes on sale, since I'm unsure of the leather. It's on my list!

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
I love the asher but between the two I think I would go for a the mini Marley.. I like the hobo type feel it has!

Kilala

*Save*Lives*Adopt*
O.G.
Apr 21, 2007
Do the 2 handles fit over your shoulder easily? Or is it a tight squeeze?

Thanks!
I have a mini Avalon and it is by far the most comfortable satchel to wear over the shoulder with the double handles, imho. It's not a tight squeeze - plenty of room. :smile: As others have mentioned, the shoulder strap is a tad too short to wear crossbody. In fact, I rarely use the shoulder strap if ever.

The style, shape and usefulness of the Avalon makes me want another one in another color. If there's a new color with gunmetal hardware, I'm in!

While the non-mini Marley can be worn crossbody and over the shoulder, it looked too wide and long on me. Maybe the mini Marley would work better? :shrugs: