Mini Alexa Mulberry vs Mini Bal City

Blanterns

Jan 4, 2013
I'm getting ONE of these raspberry alexa OR rose mini city, please help me choose!

1. I'm getting one of them in 2 weeks in London
2. I'm 15
3. That would be my first alexa/bal city
4. My style is like pretty classic, sophisticated, kinda girly
5. My favourite bags are glitter mini furla jelly bag, mini lake prada and pink chocolate bar chanel

your comments would help alot! thank you!;)

Attachments

• mini alexa.jpg
    mini alexa.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • mini bal city.jpg
    mini bal city.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,107
Both are gorgeous bags, but I would vote for the bal mini city, only because I find that my regular city bag has aged beautifully over time and sits nicely when using the shoulder strap as well as on the crook of the arm.

I had an alexa but I found that it kept slipping off my shoulder, and it was a hassle to get in and out of with the postman lock with the magnetic straps flapping about too.

I like both styles, out of the two I'd probably go for the alexa over the mini city for two reasons. First I like the color of the alexa better than the bbag. Second reason is the alexa is buffalo leather and the bbag is made with lambskin which is very delicate. A lot of people tend to baby/treat their bbags to minimize the wear, I don't because I like aged leather. Also like all high end brands quality has gone down in the past few years, most of the 2012 & 2013 Bbags I've seen have had really disappointing leather almost papery thin and look very plasticy. Buffalo leather is a bit more hearty and should hold up better.

Also when you check them out IRL you should bring along everything you are planing to carry in them. I've only seen the Bal mini city IRL and it's pretty darn small, as cute as it is it would never work for my day to day needs. Another thing to keep in mind if you are planing to wear either bag crossbody you should consider treating the back of the bag to minimize color transfer which lighter color leather bags tend to be prone too.

Sounds like u are more into Alexa.but if I were to choose,I'd pick mini bal.it's so cute and it will fit almost same like Alexa but without being a fuss to open the lock everytime u need something. On other hand mulberry is still on sale.u can grab mini at 30% I think (or 20%?)

But true like above comment said,bal is bit delicate, but I wear mine under rain and snow many times they are still sparkly like new..I don't owe Alexa but I read slot that they have some probably on some leather that under rain it will leave unwanted water stain. :sad:

Reactions: eni
I like both styles, out of the two I'd probably go for the alexa over the mini city for two reasons. First I like the color of the alexa better than the bbag. Second reason is the alexa is buffalo leather and the bbag is made with lambskin which is very delicate. A lot of people tend to baby/treat their bbags to minimize the wear, I don't because I like aged leather. Also like all high end brands quality has gone down in the past few years, most of the 2012 & 2013 Bbags I've seen have had really disappointing leather almost papery thin and look very plasticy. Buffalo leather is a bit more hearty and should hold up better.

Also when you check them out IRL you should bring along everything you are planing to carry in them. I've only seen the Bal mini city IRL and it's pretty darn small, as cute as it is it would never work for my day to day needs. Another thing to keep in mind if you are planing to wear either bag crossbody you should consider treating the back of the bag to minimize color transfer which lighter color leather bags tend to be prone too.

Thank you for the reply. I have just visited the nearest mulberry shop :smile:the raspberry is so cheerful and look much better IRL, I have visited Bal shop too but they don't have any mini city :sad: they just sold the last one yesterday.. I think I'll see the Bal City IRL first before choosing

Sounds like u are more into Alexa.but if I were to choose,I'd pick mini bal.it's so cute and it will fit almost same like Alexa but without being a fuss to open the lock everytime u need something. On other hand mulberry is still on sale.u can grab mini at 30% I think (or 20%?)

But true like above comment said,bal is bit delicate, but I wear mine under rain and snow many times they are still sparkly like new..I don't owe Alexa but I read slot that they have some probably on some leather that under rain it will leave unwanted water stain. :sad:

you know it, bal city is prettier but alexa is more me :P I like both of them but I don't know. Maybe I'll go for the alexa first and then Bal City next!;)