Minette, were you overcharged on the Gauffre?

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I saw your post that you mentioned that you might have been overcharged $2450 something. I think I paid the same amount a few months ago. Just want to know whether you were overcharged.

2. Downtown, no no! I wasn't overcharged -- just thought I was! When I first saw the Gauffre e/w satchel, in one Prada store, I tried the small size and I didn't know there were two sizes. I was just looking that day. ($2,360.)

Then I went to another Prada store and actually bought the satchel -- but didn't realize I'd bought the larger size! ($2,450.)

The larger is about 2 inches wider and a tad higher. I ended up keeping the larger... fell in love, price difference was small enough, bag is a bit roomier, happy ending! :smile:

3. Those 2 little inches were a big deal on my 5' 1 1/2 inch frame, believe it or not. The smaller bag suited me better and it holds a ton of stuff. I think I could still get away with it at night though, like if I were going straight from day/shopping to dinner and theater. What do you all think? Or does such a sized bag not exist?http://forum.purseblog.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif :confused1:

4. Aimee, that's what sold me on the bag -- (the smaller one when I tried it) I thought the same thing -- great from day into night, moreso if you reomve the strap for night. I ended up keeping the larger anyway because the night use I was concerned about is really occasional dinner meetings, straight my office in a suit and this size works well, too, but I do think the smaller would be nicer at night.

I say go for it! And post pics! :smile:

5. Minette, thanks for your input. It's hard to find a bag that can serve more than one purpose but they are definitely necessary. I don't carry that much with me, but these days my sunglass case is so darn big, it's
    bigger than some of my bags! :P

6. Thank you, Minette. I am glad to hear the happy ending. I was told my gauffree is the last piece in America since I bought it this Feb. with the silver hardware. hehe...I goes with suit very well.