Mineral makeup recommendations?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm looking for mineral makeup (foundation, powder) to try. I have acne scars and have undergone a few laser treatments to lighten the scars. I'm ready to try lighter makeup that gives a little coverage to even out my skin tone.

For some unknown reasons, I find that makeup, at least my current ones, make my scars look more obvious than without makeup. But I can't leave the house without some coverage. So if anyone has mineral makeup recommendations, that would be good. Thanks!

2. I like Everyday Minerals and Aromaleigh products. Both offer samples. I'm not a fan of Bare Escentuals.

3. I like the new matte BE foundation. I also like everyday minerals, and they will do samples. I go back and forth with loving/hating mineral makeup.

4. I'm don't know too much about Everyday Minerals, but I LOVE Bare Escentuals.

5. I second Everyday minerals! Also MAC has good mineral make up too :biggrin:

6. I've tried them all, and my favorite by far is ProMinerals - sold on HSN.com.

7. have a friend who wants to try mineral makeup.. will let her know about these

thanks for sharing the info & comments..

8. Bare Minerals Matte!! Or, the Mineralized Skin Finish from MAC is good too, but not as much coverage.

9. Thanks for the replies. What are the benefits of mineral makeup that everyone's talking about? I don't quite understand.

Is the coverage so sheer that it won't provide much for my acne scars and uneven skin tone?

10. I use Bare Minerals and love it. You can vary the coverage with it too. I like mine sheer, but I can just as easily put a heavy coverage on.

11. I also use Bare Minerals and lovee it! I normally wear mine sheer, but if I have something to cover, it works pretty well lol. I don't know about all the benefits of mineral makeup, but my skin looks wayyy better now that I only use mineral makeup. I think it looks better now even without makeup than it ever did WITH makeup when I used to use other foundations!

12. I have sensitive skin and have found everyday minerals. It works really good on my skin.

13. LOVE love love Laura Mercier. You simply can't go wrong. I think Bare Minerals had a slight texture/cakeyness to it, but also worked well.

14. Didn't know Laura Mercier has mineral makeup?