Mineral make-up: need a light but GOOD concealer!!

stefaustin

Aug 27, 2009
I have some freckles on my cheek that I am trying to cover. Right now I am using NC20 concealer from MAC, but it looks cakey and is too orange for my skin. It makes my freckles, though they are very light, look like an icky grey patch. Unfortunately, it's the ONLY liquid I've found that covers worth a darn. The freckles, like I said, are very light, but REDICULOUSLY difficult to cover.

Because the liquid can be heavy and cakey, I was thinking of switching to a mineral make-up like Sheer Cover (which shows that it can cover birthmarks in the commercial), Bear Minerals, or Everyday Minerals. However I am not totally convinced that powder is going to completely cover the freckles. And I do want to cover them COMPLETELY.

Can anyone recommend a good mineral make-up or concealer that I don't have to plaster on in layers to cover a spot of freckles barely darker than my skin tone? (FYI: I have very light skin, so most liquids look orange on me.)

Thanks!!

Hi Stefaustin! I have pretty light skin, I was using Smashbox at first, but it started getting cakey for me. Then I thought I'd try Bare Minerals since I've seen it advertised everywhere. Now...I'm hooked and do not use anything else. My foundation (Bare escentual) is the color "fairly light" which is second to the lightest on their scale for porcelain to light skin tones with gold undertones. As for the concealer I use "bisque" also Bare minerals ...although its powder I was also skeptical at first! But I was so impressed, I have light freckles ontop of my cheek bones and random redness on my face sometimes, and it covers really well.

I recommend it. You should stop by their store, or Nordstroms which carries them and ask them to try it. They are really nice and knowledgeable about it. They will test it for you. That way you can see if you like it or not before buying it.

GOOD LUCK!

i think either sephora or be still has a promotion for the new matte minerals, where you can get a sample with purchase. why not try looking into that? or else, order from be (dont know em that well) and i think you can try it for free for 30 days. minerals definitely can lighten up freckles. i personally use BE, but have heard good things about EM as well.

I have been reading up on BE and SC and opinions seem to be mixed. Some love BE and some stopped using it. I guess it depends on the individual when it comes to what make-up is best. But my main concern is COVERAGE. It either covers, or it doesn't, ya know? Thanks for the info on BE, I'll gladly give it a try if I can find it here! You said they carry BE at Sephora? We do have one of those here now (I am in Winnipeg Canada, so we lack good make-up stores). Thanks guys!

i love everyday minerals for mineral makeup! take a look at their website- you can order free samples (just pay $5 for shipping) and they have tons of different shades to choose from.

The sunlight concealer from Everyday Minerals covers extremely well. I didn't think a powder concealer could do that, until I tried this one by accident. I've been repurchasing ever since. I use it to cover redness and other imperfections. I use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to buff the concealer into the small imperfections, and then I proceed with foundation over it.
But like others suggested.. order a sample, and see if you like it.

Hi, I've used BE and while it does cover it takes work so that it doesn't look to heavy or cakey. Fairly light is a good color. The one lighter is almost white.

Laura Mercier has a camouflage