Mindy McCready Dead at 37 in Apparent Suicide

Didn't judge her. I stated an opinion about it being selfish.
I will say this I've been a member here a long time and I never ever ever tried to insult anyone, make a mockery out a post they have made or made innuendos that someone isn't aware of certain things or are dumb . I am courteous to all and I state my opinions just like everyone else does. Usually I ignore the slick comments and not go back to a thread, but felt compelled to say something .
And yes I will say from experience I understand anxiety and depression and the mentally ill . That's all I need to say.

Very sad for everyone involved.

Thank G-D those children weren't with her or I fear she would have taken their lives as well.

There's a blind gossip item right now indicating that she had made comments to the tune of "If I can't have the children, nobody can" to a close friend. So, I do believe she would have taken their lives as well.

So sad... I remember loving her music when she was first popular, and it doesn't sound like she's been doing well for a long time. My heart goes out to her family... it must be horrible to be in a place where you feel that suicide is the only option. I hope her sons are with someone who loves them and will make sure they know their mother did too.

Another casualty of a horrible disease. I pray she is finally at peace now.

Every time someone dies because of addiction and/or mental illness I hold out hope that it would compel people to try to better understand and educate themselves about those sicknesses and what the sufferer goes through instead of just looking at it from the outside. It is so complex and isn't just a "why can't they get over it" or "why are they so selfish" situation. If you don't completely understand it or know this person or any person who succumbs to their disease intimately, please don't make blanket judgements/statements about them.

(As for the Biblical aspect of this if I may, we who believe serve a merciful and just God and it is none of our business nor do we assume or decide what His ultimate judgements/mercies are towards anyone.)

Last edited:
When you're ill enough to see your own death as a relief, you're also at a point, usually, where you truly believe your innocent children would be much better off without you.

When you're ill enough to see your own death as a relief, it feels way more selfish to go on inflicting yourself and your troubles on the ones you love.

I feel very sorry for everyone involved. May God bless and keep them all

When you're ill enough to see your own death as a relief, you're also at a point, usually, where you truly believe your innocent children would be much better off without you.

When you're ill enough to see your own death as a relief, it feels way more selfish to go on inflicting yourself and your troubles on the ones you love.

I feel very sorry for everyone involved. May God bless and keep them all

Well said.

My heart goes out to everyone involved, but especially those poor little children. There is a family in town where I live where the father committed suicide, and I see the impact it has had on his family every day. My heart breaks for the children because at a young age they truly DON'T understand that the world doesn't revolve around them, and so they think it must somehow, some way, have been their fault. And I don't know if depression and suicidal tendencies are genetic (it often seems they are), but if that is the case my heart breaks even more for these two little children who have lost BOTH parents to a complicated and deadly disease.

...I don't know if depression and suicidal tendencies are genetic (it often seems they are), but if that is the case my heart breaks even more for these two little children who have lost BOTH parents to a complicated and deadly disease.

True dat.
My husband lost both his folks to suicide as an adult and the pain is no less because he was older. These kids are going to need a strong and loving support system as well as intense therapy if they are not going to go on to repeat their parents behavior. The illness does not end with their suicide unfortunately.

I feel bad for the ones she left behind, but I really really felt bad for her for what she had done. She was obviously very depressed, etc. I've thought this about others that have killed others or killed themselves - people don't seem to acknowlege that they are mentally ill. Imagine how much pain and how hopeless she must of felt.