Mimmy's Stylebook Closet

Mimmy

Grateful for the little things
O.G.
Jul 11, 2013
Welcome to my Stylebook closet. I purchased the Stylebook app for my iPhone after I read about it in another thread. This app allows you to create a "virtual" closet. I can take a look into my closet anytime as long as I have my phone with me. It enables me to style "looks" without actually having to try the clothes on. It keeps me organized, and because I always have my phone with me when I go shopping, it prevents me from buying things that are too similar to what I already have.

Taking the initial pictures for my closet and editing them was the most time consuming part of this endeavor. I watched some YouTube videos on editing the pictures, and I was on my way! Now when I buy something new, I try to take a picture of it as soon as possible, so I do not ever have to take a lot of pictures at one time again.

A little about "my style". I am interested in, and enjoy fashion and shopping. My closet is a mix of old and new. Although I own some bags from premier designers, my clothing and shoes are usually not as expensive. I will leave the couture and premier designer clothing to the many members on this forum who are more skilled in that area and have bigger clothing funds than I do. I like to think that you don't have to spend a lot of money on clothes and shoes, if they are well made and you style them well and with some flair.

Why not just post modeling shots? I chose my member name "Mimmy" because she is Hello Kitty's twin sister. She wears a yellow bow on her opposite ear. Hello Kitty wears a red bow. Mimmy is a little shy, as am I. Apologies to those who are not fond of Hello Kitty. I will post pictures of my clothes anytime, but prefer not to post modeling shots. So, I welcome others to post their Stylebook or other similar "look or outfit" pics. I respectfully request that you not post modeling shots, as there are many other threads that encourage you to post modeling shots already.

Lastly, I am in no way associated with Stylebook personally or financially. I posted some of my looks on another thread and some of the dear members encouraged me to start a Stylebook thread. Thanks to them all!!! Let's get started!

Sunday is fun day! Off to breakfast with DH and afterward to an art museum. Carried my Loeffler Randall Industry bucket bag in black perforated leather, and this is how I styled it. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403474035.703345.jpg

This is another way I use this app. Same blush pink dress, three different looks.

1. Cocktail event. Carried my Burberry pochette.

2. Last year's Christmas party. Carried my RM Swing Bag. I live in FL, so this really was warm enough.

3. Date night with DH in the winter. Making the dress look not as "sweet" with black suede booties and black leather jacket. RM Swing bag. Sometimes it gets cold in FL. Note: I would wear black tights too, but quite honestly tights photograph horribly. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403474810.856102.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1403474822.596204.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1403474834.648221.jpg

And lastly for now, trying something out that I don't own yet. The dress I own (some members may recognize this from the Phillip Lim/Target collaboration). I also own the shoes. I don't yet own the LV Alma BB. This is a way to try something out before you buy it! You can try it with different looks and see if it would make a good addition to your closet before you buy it!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403475319.075054.jpg

Mimmy, what a fun thread and such great looks you pulled together. I love everything! I also liked how you categorized your looks with flexible titles (day, evening, work). I am gonna use the same categories as it makes so much sense. I can't wait to see more. I am going to play with my stylebook app and get my clothes inventoried.

Mimmy, what a fun thread and such great looks you pulled together. I love everything! I also liked how you categorized your looks with flexible titles (day, evening, work). I am gonna use the same categories as it makes so much sense. I can't wait to see more. I am going to play with my stylebook app and get my clothes inventoried.

Yay, AmorNChanel; you're my first poster! Thank you for the encouragement. Once you complete your initial pics, I think you'll be pleased. I think this will be a fun thread!

Twins on the Philip lim target dress!

Your pics make me want to retake a few photos so they'll look better in the looks part of the app.

Love your style btw.

Thank you bakeacookie! The Phillip Lim dress has been a great addition to my wardrobe. I just saw this dress in black from his actual collection, on gilt.com. If I remember correctly it was still about $250.

I love your style! We have similar tastes. ;) I don't have time to start using style book at the moment (can't take up more procrastination methods haha) but I look forward to seeing your outfits.

I love your style! We have similar tastes. ;) I don't have time to start using style book at the moment (can't take up more procrastination methods haha) but I look forward to seeing your outfits.

Thank you renza, it was a big time commitment to take all the pics in the beginning. At one point I even thought about stopping. Yes, please stay to see what looks I post.