Mimmy's Stylebook Closet

That’s a good question, Marylin. The quality is excellent and I love the leather on this bag. I like the big size. During the fall and winter the color is great too.

For some reason the style just feels a bit dated. I am not one to need to always have the trendiest bag; but I’m not sure if this one stands the test of time.

I need to consider this a bit. [emoji848]

It may be an older style, but there are bags out there being made in a similar style. And the color you chose for it keeps it from being dated.

But maybe you prefer another bag over it to carry at this time of year?

Reactions: Marylin
It may be an older style, but there are bags out there being made in a similar style. And the color you chose for it keeps it from being dated.

But maybe you prefer another bag over it to carry at this time of year?

Thanks for your input, bake. I may keep it for now. If I regretted selling it, it would be very difficult to find another smooth calf leather one in black.

I can use my MJ hobo or Le Pliage cuir; both black.

I also like using my H Picotin Lock in etain or my Herbag in cuivre, this time of year.

My Reed Krakoff shearling kit bag is very seasonal due to the shearling. I still like it, because it’s so smooshy and unique. It’s good that for now I like it, because it has such poor resale value.

I am in a major purging mood right now, and since I’ve only purged clothing, slg’s and accessories, I have no regrets.

Best not to purge bags, until I’m sure. Potential for big regrets. [emoji22]

Reactions: MinaAnais
Thanks for your input, bake. I may keep it for now. If I regretted selling it, it would be very difficult to find another smooth calf leather one in black.

I can use my MJ hobo or Le Pliage cuir; both black.

I also like using my H Picotin Lock in etain or my Herbag in cuivre, this time of year.

My Reed Krakoff shearling kit bag is very seasonal due to the shearling. I still like it, because it’s so smooshy and unique. It’s good that for now I like it, because it has such poor resale value.

I am in a major purging mood right now, and since I’ve only purged clothing, slg’s and accessories, I have no regrets.

Best not to purge bags, until I’m sure. Potential for big regrets. [emoji22]

The bag purge is the hardest because we have items that would be irreplaceable. Clothes and shoes are easier to replace.

But with the list of bags you have there, it sounds like you just have too many now for the season. So keeping it makes sense, it’s just more of an effort to keep it in rotation with the others.

Reactions: Mimmy
That’s a good question, Marylin. The quality is excellent and I love the leather on this bag. I like the big size. During the fall and winter the color is great too.

For some reason the style just feels a bit dated. I am not one to need to always have the trendiest bag; but I’m not sure if this one stands the test of time.

I need to consider this a bit. [emoji848]
Totally understand. We just grow out of things, I think.

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! [emoji319]

Eh, maybe not. With temperatures in the low 80’s it may not feel like the holiday season, but I went to my first holiday party last night. [emoji267] [emoji295]️ [emoji320]
IMG_1512217645.087939.jpg
This was my first opportunity to wear my new Vince silk slip dress. It’s very comfortable and can be dressed up or down. I am happy with this closet addition.

Took my lightweight Current/Elliott leather jacket in case the restaurant was cold, but didn’t end up needing it. [emoji300]️

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! [emoji319]

Eh, maybe not. With temperatures in the low 80’s it may not feel like the holiday season, but I went to my first holiday party last night. [emoji267] [emoji295]️ [emoji320]
View attachment 3895924
This was my first opportunity to wear my new Vince silk slip dress. It’s very comfortable and can be dressed up or down. I am happy with this closet addition.

Took my lightweight Current/Elliott leather jacket in case the restaurant was cold, but didn’t end up needing it. [emoji300]️
Very pretty! You must have looked fantastic, also love the bag! As lovely as it is to have a lot of snow already to get into the Christmas spirit, I would love to be able to wear pretty party outfits without having to bundle up for the way to the party.

Very pretty! You must have looked fantastic, also love the bag! As lovely as it is to have a lot of snow already to get into the Christmas spirit, I would love to be able to wear pretty party outfits without having to bundle up for the way to the party.

Thank you, Marylin!

You are right of course. There are advantages to not having cold weather or snow too!
[emoji295]️ ☃️ [emoji156]

Reactions: Marylin
The Surprising Versatility of My Camo Flats.

I fell in love with these MJ camo flats when I saw them. I already had them in black. Sadly my army green tee that I wore them with, developed some little holes. [emoji53]

I bought an army green satin skirt online, that I thought I could wear them with, but it was too small.
IMG_1512692406.800601.jpg
Today I wore them with my Zara floral blouse. Since the top and shoes were separated by a simple denim skirt, I think it worked! [emoji3]

And the Winner Is ...
IMG_1512773008.893126.jpg
One of the favorite and most worn items in my closet is this Phillip Lim x Target collaboration dress. The cpw on this is less than $1, as the dress was only about $50.

I have tried without success to buy a dress from his regular line. The problem is not the price; it is that this dress is machine washable. I would even be willing to buy one that is hand washable. I just don’t see a dry cleanable one; many are silk, becoming a much worn item in my closet.

And the Winner Is ...
View attachment 3902337
One of the favorite and most worn items in my closet is this Phillip Lim x Target collaboration dress. The cpw on this is less than $1, as the dress was only about $50.

I have tried without success to buy a dress from his regular line. The problem is not the price; it is that this dress is machine washable. I would even be willing to buy one that is hand washable. I just don’t see a dry cleanable one; many are silk, becoming a much worn item in my closet.

I’m with you on not wanting dry clean, especially frequently worn items like a dress. It’s such a pain to take in, an unnecessary expense, and not environmentally sound.

And that collaboration was one of the best Target has done!

I’m with you on not wanting dry clean, especially frequently worn items like a dress. It’s such a pain to take in, an unnecessary expense, and not environmentally sound.

And that collaboration was one of the best Target has done!

Agreed. I have dry cleanable clothing; it is not my most worn clothing. It is just not practical to work in medicine, and wear things that need to be dry cleaned.

I agree, the Phillip Lim x Target collection was one of the best! I have not purchased anything from any of the recent ones.

Reactions: bakeacookie
Agreed. I have dry cleanable clothing; it is not my most worn clothing. It is just not practical to work in medicine, and wear things that need to be dry cleaned.

I agree, the Phillip Lim x Target collection was one of the best! I have not purchased anything from any of the recent ones.

I wonder what collaboration they’ll do next!

Though lately, the target brand items have been pretty on trend but not crazy. Hoping their next collaboration will be not over the top, and with a better pattern coordination scheme than the Victoria Beckham line.

I wonder what collaboration they’ll do next!

Though lately, the target brand items have been pretty on trend but not crazy. Hoping their next collaboration will be not over the top, and with a better pattern coordination scheme than the Victoria Beckham line.

I would like to see a collaboration that included some pieces I could wear to work.

There was a fairly simple shift dress from the Victoria Beckham line that came in black or pink with a white collar with bunnies. Most of the reviews said that the bunnies came off in the wash; so I passed on it. [emoji53]

Reactions: bakeacookie
Inspiration from Dental Hygiene. [emoji16]

For some reason I often unexpectedly put together an outfit that I really like, when I go to get my teeth cleaned.
IMG_1513028042.491230.jpg
My Guess jacket has a beautiful deep blue satin lining.
IMG_1513028136.133672.jpg
Put my new large faux fur pom on my bag. Haven’t had time to put it in my Stylebook yet.

My First Purchase from an Independent Handbag Designer. [emoji162]
IMG_1514057267.379055.jpg
IMG_1514057282.810352.jpg
Of course I had to buy the little matching coin purse too!
IMG_1514057325.966240.jpg
On another thread @HopelessBagGirl showed some of the bags that she purchased from Cathy Roels, who has an Etsy shop in Belgium.

I looked at her site but didn’t really see anything that spoke to me. I liked the idea of buying a well made, handmade bag from an independent designer though, so I kept checking. Then I saw this bag and had to have it! [emoji7]

I expected to have to excuse some flaws since it is handmade. It doesn’t have any though. I am happy with my latest handbag and slg additions!