Milton hobo in outlets?

TrashedBride

per aspera ad astra
O.G.
May 27, 2009
My friend's just seen one in an ad for (I think she said) Chesire Oaks in Elle, she says it was £68 (wow!). Anyway she adored it and it's her birthday soon so I might get her one if they're still about. Does anyone know if Cheshire or any of the other outlets actually still have them at that bonkers price?! Thanks! X

Thanks Sarajane, it was the teal one she took a fancy to. I'll maybe ring around the outlets today - I'm an outlet virgin so it'll be good experience for me! :biggrin:

All these cheap Miltons in outlets and on Ebay are making me cringe. I spent so much on one through The Outnet (cost about AU$600) - I thought it was a good price!

If it's any consolation Claire I've just called around the outlets and the only York had one - and she said it was £375! I wonder if the £68 ones are a myth? I've been looking at them and actually that teal is a gorgeous colour and the buffalo leather looks beautiful... I wouldn't mind one for myself too IF I could only find them at that price! Has anyone actually seen them at that price or is it all lies?! :biggrin:

If it's any consolation Claire I've just called around the outlets and the only York had one - and she said it was £375! I wonder if the £68 ones are a myth? I've been looking at them and actually that teal is a gorgeous colour and the buffalo leather looks beautiful... I wouldn't mind one for myself too IF I could only find them at that price! Has anyone actually seen them at that price or is it all lies?! :biggrin:

Milton hobo for just GBP 68?????!!!
No it must be a myth or a BIG BIG mistake.

I actually got one of these from SM in June - 68!! I couldn't believe it because I always loved the look of the milton.. But, IRL I don't love it - though i'm holding on to it in the hope that next year it'll re-grow on me! Strange that they put the price back up?!

I guess I was very lucky :smile:

They reduced lots of the Milton range by 90% :nuts: earlier in the year - clutches were £39, hobos £69, large hobos £79. And they had these in the Bond St sample sale, too.

However, I don't think there was loads of stock. Certainly, I never managed to track down a clutch at that price :nogood: and the Milton (regular tote bag that Shiny & Keeledover have) never went down below 70% off, as far as I know.

If I'd seen the large hobo in teal at £79, I would totally have bought another as it's my favourite, most used bag and I'd love another to stash for when mine (inevitably) falls to bits.

I called SM earlier (couldn't get through there when phoning around before) and the very lovely and helpful lady confirmed that they were that price during the sale but had sold out really quickly (unsurprisingly!). Ah well, I shall find her something else. Good excuse to go shopping anyway! :biggrin: