Million Dollar Listing - LOS ANGELES

Grandma Edith was one of a kind.. Miss her & her wise words of wisdom..
Nothing like that special Grandma relationship .. It stays with you forever & reflections are priceless

Just stumbled on this thread and I recently read quite a bit about Edith. Her life story is incredible. Escaped Vienna at 19 when nazi’s came; ended up in Amsterdam with a boyfriend who she married. He was captured and sent to aushwitz where he died. She took the identity of a deceased person and after having given birth to a son, placed him in a sanitarium so he would be safe and pretended to be a nurse to visit him. She was part of the Dutch underground movement to save Jews. There’s a lot more to her story. Too much to write here but it’s remarkable what this woman achieved given her circumstances and incredible what she did. I think the relationship josh had with her was so wonderful.

Anyway, love the show!

I have noticed that Josh F. seems very short-tempered and quite mean this season, so far. He was always a bit that way, but it seems more pronounced this season, especially in how he refers to clients - he seems less tolerant? I wonder if maybe he is suffering from burn-out with his job, or with the show, or if his partner has changed his behavior. I just notice something different about him, and not in a positive way.

Reactions: WillstarveforLV
I have noticed that Josh F. seems very short-tempered and quite mean this season, so far. He was always a bit that way, but it seems more pronounced this season, especially in how he refers to clients - he seems less tolerant? I wonder if maybe he is suffering from burn-out with his job, or with the show, or if his partner has changed his behavior. I just notice something different about him, and not in a positive way.
He's spoiled, self centered and bored with life.

Reactions: simone72
I don't think any of them came up from the bottom.. it might be harder to relate to the luxury clientele if you didn't have plenty of exposure, like Josh Flagg who is very well versed in art, architecture, is refined and accustomed to the rich and eccentric from birth.

I always shake my head at people who have every opportunity and yet choose to forego college. It's not for everyone but it can provide an education in the humanities that has more depth than what even Josh Flagg could accomplish on his own.

Reactions: CeeJay
I always shake my head at people who have every opportunity and yet choose to forego college. It's not for everyone but it can provide an education in the humanities that has more depth than what even Josh Flagg could accomplish on his own.

I honestly do too! And I know people will say you don’t need a degree or college isn’t for everyone or you pay all that money and get a piece of paper that you can’t do anything with, etc but especially in the case of people like him that won’t ever need to worry about working in order to eat/keep a roof over your head - why not study something that you love for the joys of it!

I'm not sure if I agree. I used to think going to college was very important, but I've come to realize that my degree was more for my parents than myself. I learned most of what I needed for my first career in my internships, not in classes.. and I don't even keep in touch with my old classmates. So I didn't gain much benefit in my own life other than being able to say I graduated, which is a minimum prerequisite for jobs these days.

I've often asked my parents, friends and even career mentors if I should go to grad school or get my MBA (because I can now), and they all say "NO NO NO.. waste of time and money. Everything you need you can learn on your own or hire the right person." And I'm stuck wondering if having that nice title next to my name on Linkedin is worth the money.

I'm not sure if I agree. I used to think going to college was very important, but I've come to realize that my degree was more for my parents than myself. I learned most of what I needed for my first career in my internships, not in classes.. and I don't even keep in touch with my old classmates. So I didn't gain much benefit in my own life other than being able to say I graduated, which is a minimum prerequisite for jobs these days.

I've often asked my parents, friends and even career mentors if I should go to grad school or get my MBA (because I can now), and they all say "NO NO NO.. waste of time and money. Everything you need you can learn on your own or hire the right person." And I'm stuck wondering if having that nice title next to my name on Linkedin is worth the money.
It is more about the long-term benefit in many ways. The degree is never worth it initially because it takes many years to pay off and many people want instant gratification and cannot wait for the eventual reward. For example, someone can make much more than their same-age counterpart right out of high school by not going to college, but the college-seeker (or MBA grad) will eventually outpace the non-college grad. That is just how it works. We always hear the success story of the guy or gal who did not go to school and became an amazing success, but those are truly not the norm. A degree will allow continued mobility and earnings that most non-degree seekers will not have and it does open doors. It is not about the title. but what you will eventually get - stronger retirement, advancement, a larger end salary, etc. and those are things you cannot see right now. Sorry if I went off-topic :smile:

Reactions: absolutpink
Bringing the discussion back to Josh Flagg, he could have studied art history at a prestige university like Williams or Amherst without worrying about the job potential of his degree. His education would have enhanced his critical thinking ability, and he could have made friends who would become future business contacts. He might have even enjoyed himself in the process.

Reactions: bag-princess
Bringing the discussion back to Josh Flagg, he could have studied art history at a prestige university like Williams or Amherst without worrying about the job potential of his degree. His education would have enhanced his critical thinking ability, and he could have made friends who would become future business contacts. He might have even enjoyed himself in the process.

EXACTLY!!! Even Prince William went to college and got a masters in something and he never will worry about a job!

Reactions: Vanilla Bean
A very good friend of mine knows Josh Flag very well (they are friends), and has said that .. if you are his friend, he can be the most generous & kind person ever. However, he can be very black & white .. meaning, that once he's formulated his opinion on you and if it's not favorable, then he can be pretty nasty.

He always used to be (somewhat) my favorite on the show (I do like the Brits - met them some months back and they are both super nice guys). However, his petulant and pedantic behavior on the show last week?!?! .. wow, NO BUENO! Also, him constantly going on about the Valley and the people?!?! .. really, really???? Dude, there are some VERY wealthy and educated folks here in the Valley as well .. don't be such a snob! However, from a RE perspective, I get it .. Beverly Hills, Bel Air, etc. - yeah, more $$$ .. and therefore, more $$$ in his pocket (like he really needs it - give me a break!).

I was shocked... his fiancé brings him a beverage with milk in it, to which Josh says he’s allergic to milk!

What!!? It’s your fiancé and he doesn’t know that!!? Even if Josh doesn’t like milk, and isn’t allergic per se, I would think a fiancé would most likely be privy to that.

Is this a green card marriage!!? So weird.

I remember when Flagg was very different, in the beginning of this series. I believe the 3 realtors were Chad, Madison and Flagg. Flagg was sort of the runt of the group. I remember clients not always speaking to him with respect & kindness, and some were quite rude to him. He didn't dress like he does now, he was much more casual and he was very skinny (he was younger, LOL). They had an episode where it was Flagg's birthday, there was a big party, and he was sitting alone. He said he had no friends, and the people at the party were people he didn't really know that well. It was very sad. I got the impression that he was the unpopular kid in school.....and now that he's out and working, beign successful, etc.....he remember the days where he wasn't popular or important. Hence his arrogance today. He strikes me as a person who's been very hurt in the past and hides that hurt with sarcasam and snark today. He needs to mature.

I also miss Grandma Edith. I loved all the scenes with her. I know she loved Josh very much,a nd he loved her too, they had a nice relationship. She was a very interesting woman.