Milli Millu

Has anyone here ever bought a bag from Milli Millu? I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on the leather and craftsmanship? I love the look of the Amsterdam and their clutch bags!

www.millimillu.com

I can't give you any feedback, because I've never heard of Milli Millu before. But I took a peek at their website and I really like the Amsterdam and the Monte Carlo bags.

Thanks for bringing these nice looking bags to my attention :tup:

I also love their clutches! Hopefully someone who has owned one will chime in as they don't have any stores and I don't want to have to go through the hassle of returning if the quality/leather is not up to scratch.

[FONT=&quot]I came across this forum in February when I was trying to read some reviews about Milli Millu bags. I had found about them in a magazine, but just like you I was a bit concerned about the quality as I didn't know anyone who owned one. I contacted them and they said they offered free shipping and returns were also free in the UK, and all the bags had a 1 year guarantee if anything happened, so I decided to give it a try. I bought the Barcelona bag in taupe and I have now used it for 3 months so I thought I should join this forum and report back. I was a bit unsure of how the bag would perform but I have now used it non-stop and love it. I have been very impressed with the quality of the leather and the making. Over the past 3 months the bag has survived some serious rough handling, carrying lots of papers, going under plane seats, being under torrential rain etc. and it still looks beautiful. I also love the different compartments, as it can fit A4 papers and my ipad, and I can find where things are. My only complaint would be that I would love to have the matching wallet, but they don't seem to be doing wallets. I am subscribed to their newsletter and got an email recently saying they have opened a new store in London. Haven't been there though, so if anyone goes please let me know as I live in the north of England and don't want to go all the way to London if it's not worthy.
On a separate note I am looking for a dark green clutch (I know random request, but I have a wedding and need it to match the shoes). Any thoughts on where can I find a great selection of clutches? I'm struggling with this one!
[/FONT]

i know this is an old thread, but i've recently discovered these bags and i love the simple, clean lines! my mum would say they're a bit old-ladyish for me, but i've been veering away from the expensive trendy bags from mainstream fashion houses, and leaning towards more classic, conservative shapes from quieter brands. would love to know if anyone here has experience with these!

I don't think any retailers carry Milli Millu at the moment. I purchased straight from their website. I really love the black Rome I got. It's very beautiful and practical for work or even weekend.

I used AMEX code and got an additional 10% off.

I am not buying this brand again. Have the Shanghai (which is ok), and more recently the Cape Town. Hardware on the strap of the Cape Town completely fell apart. Beyond inconvenient and slightly embarrassing TBH (I was not at home). They'll definitely pick up the phone and call you to make sure you place the order (their website was faulty), but will take their time replying via email to QC issues. They suggested they'll let me know how I can repair it once they see the pictures, but haven't heard back since I sent them the pictures. That their 'quality' materials come from "Spain and Italy" is irrelevant if they're faulty. Good thing I didn't get the sale stock, I can't imagine what reception I'd get if I didn't pay full price for the bag. As a result of their vague response, I then figured that at this price point that they should send me a new strap with new hardware (its relatively small), but I've gotten the impression that is unlikely.

If I'm (this time pleasantly) surprised and they address the issue, I'll post back, but I won't be buying from companies that have half hearted after sales service (quality issues I can forgive - not everything - except maybe Hermes - is perfect, but there is no excuse for patent disinterest of a problem). That said I am no doubt burning bridges on here, but since I'm not prepared to courier the product back at my expense or on my time, I've pretty much written the bag off anyway.

Update on post #14: So I received an email saying that they are very sorry and they will send me a new strap. Hurrah! Customer Service lives on it seems.

Hoping to be fairer than criticisms above, the bag(s) seem to otherwise be manufactured well. The dividers in some of the bags (including Cape Town which also had pen holders but excluding the Shanghai) are very practical especially for work purposes, but in terms of 'a lot of pockets' and organisational spaces that is marketed, there are no extra pockets aside from the dividers that can't be found in any other bag at cheaper price points. So buy it if you really like the external design, because there is nothing here that a good purse organiser can't fix in another bag.

They're sleek and clean looking, but I've always shied away from bags that look too similar to other brands (there are Celine and Mulberry lookalikes in their range), even if the logo on this brand is discreet. Hence why it took me so long to wait for the Cape Town to go live online.

Whilst UK delivery is free, international shipping charges seem to be double what you pay for elsewhere on the web, though you can only buy from their site at the moment.

Hope my experience was the last unfortunate one!