Miley Cyrus

I really hope she helped her guest ... found a place for him to stay, and/or a job ... I'd hate to think he was sent back out onto the street afterwards.

If it was me, I would've gone up on stage with him, and then offered him a job at my estate afterwards as a live-in help of some sort. But that's just me ... and probably why I've ended up six cats and four dogs! :weird: (don't worry, I live on a large farm)

Teenagers have been running away from home and going to Hollywood with dreams of becoming famous for many years, decades even.

Call me a skeptic, but it was a clever and extremely contrived publicity ploy that had the dual purpose of also raising money for the homeless center. I wonder how many other homeless and formerly homeless people Miley's PR people auditioned before deciding that "Jesse" had the right combination of rough good looks and a sympathetic demeanor to use for this task. Let's just say I doubt Miley will ever see "Jesse" again.

Miley essentially stole the show and all she had to do was stay in her seat and tear up a bit. She comes off looking caring and involved. Everyone is talking about how nice she is. This is just what her career needed since she tends to look self-indulgent and hedonistic most of the time.

Teenagers have been running away from home and going to Hollywood with dreams of becoming famous for many years, decades even.

Call me a skeptic, but it was a clever and extremely contrived publicity ploy that had the dual purpose of also raising money for the homeless center. I wonder how many other homeless and formerly homeless people Miley's PR people auditioned before deciding that "Jesse" had the right combination of rough good looks and a sympathetic demeanor to use for this task. Let's just say I doubt Miley will ever see "Jesse" again.

Miley essentially stole the show and all she had to do was stay in her seat and tear up a bit. She comes off looking caring and involved. Everyone is talking about how nice she is. This is just what her career needed since she tends to look self-indulgent and hedonistic most of the time.

You hit it on the head. But she didn't steal the show. But those tears looked very manufactured.

You hit it on the head. But she didn't steal the show. But those tears looked very manufactured.

Yes, well she is an actress, just not a very good one. Those tears were supposed to convey that she was deeply moved by the plight of a man she just met that day.

Kudos to Miley's staff for thinking of a creative way to use an awards show. They hit it out of the ballpark and hopefully made some money for the charity. Everybody wins.

Contrived or not, it made me like her just a teeny weeny bit. I know I said before I wish she and Bieber would just go away so I take that back and just say I wish Bieber would go away. At least Miley is not endangering other people. I hope she keeps at this-- using her fame and influence to help others--and give up glorifying drugs and indecency. BTW I've been used to seeing her in ridiculous clothes that last night, a little cleaning up made her look one of the best dressed.

Contrived or not, it made me like her just a teeny weeny bit. I know I said before I wish she and Bieber would just go away so I take that back and just say I wish Bieber would go away. At least Miley is not endangering other people. I hope she keeps at this-- using her fame and influence to help others--and give up glorifying drugs and indecency. BTW I've been used to seeing her in ridiculous clothes that last night, a little cleaning up made her look one of the best dressed.

I have to agree. I am not a Miley fan at all, but I gave her a thumbs up for this.

Mystery solved: Homeless youth who went to VMAs with Miley Cyrus is a wannabe model who ‘slept in a bush’ as he chased his dreams, his delighted mother reveals

• Jesse Helt, 22, originally from Oregon, accepted the Video of the Year Award on Miley Cyrus's behalf
  • He told the emotional audience that he'd spent much of his youth homeless in Los Angeles
  • Miley used the opportunity to spread awareness of the issue and gain attention for charity for the homeless My Friend's Place
  • Today, his mom Linda Helt said: 'It's time for him to have some good luck. He needs to be blessed'

The man who stole the show at this year's VMAs after accepting an award on behalf of Miley Cyrus is a wannabe model who was once so destitute he slept in a bush, his mom has today revealed.
Jesse Helt, 22, who hails from Salem, Oregon, was Miley's date for the evening and when she won the Video of the Year award for her song Wrecking Ball, he stepped on to the stage in her place to read a speech about the plight of homeless young people - admitting he too had been homeless.
Today, his proud mom Linda Helt confirmed it was her boy, saying: 'My son, my youngest baby.'
Scroll down for video

article-2734161-20CAC39200000578-602_634x552.jpg

Homeless: Jesse Helt, pictured, was Miley Cyrus's date for the VMA awards. His mom Linda Helt tells how he was once forced to sleep in a bush

article-2734161-20CABE9700000578-747_634x338.jpg

Aspiring: Jesse Helt was a wannabe model who went to chase his dreams in Los Angeles

And speaking from her home in Salem, Mrs Helt told The Oregonian: 'He called me last night at about one o' clock,' adding that Jesse was now flying home after Miley gave him some money.
She said: 'He's going to be travelling to Oregon today.'
Jesse Helt grew up in Salem, according to his mother, 62, and he attended Chapman Hill Elementary, Myers Elementary and West Salem High School.

He received his GED through Chemeketa Community College, Linda Helt said.er son moved to Los Angeles a few years ago, his mother said, 'Because he wanted to make it on his own.'
She confirmed that he was at times homeless, revealing that at one point Jesse moved out of a bad living situation. 'He called me and he said, 'Mom, I'm living in a bush', she recalled.
Mrs Helt said her son met Cyrus when the singing star visited My Friend's Place, the Los Angeles center for homeless youth.

article-2734161-20CAB6D800000578-45_634x630.jpg

Model looks: Miley Cyrus took Jesse Helt to the VMAs - and everyone, including Katy Perry, thought he was her date

article-2734161-20CAB6B400000578-808_306x423.jpg

Destitute: Jesse Helt only met Miley Cyrus last week at My Friend's Place shelter. After he collected her award for the Video of the Year, the star said he now gets to keep the MTV 'Moonman'

Delighted with the attention her son has got, she said: 'It's time for him to have some good luck. He needs to be blessed.'
Just a cursory look online reveals that Jesse had attempted a career as a model, posting pictures on the Model Mayhem website and writing: 'I'm Jesse and I just moved here from Salem, Oregon about a year ago. If your interested in working with me please shoot me an email. I'm not turning down any work right now and would love to work with all kinds of photographers.'
While he describes himself as 'really super nice' and a 'Christian' on his Facebook page.
Speaking in front a crowd that included Katy Perry and Taylor Swift last night, Jesse said: ''I am accepting this award on behalf of the 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth in the United States who are starving and lost and scared for their lives. I know, because I am one of those people.'
'I've been an extra in your movies, I've been an extra in your lives,' the blond-haired, blue eyed Jesse told the audience. 'Los Angeles has the largest population of homeless youth in America.'
Miley sat, tearfully, in the audience next to singer Sam Smith as Jesse went on: 'Though may have been invisible to you on the streets I have a lot of the same dreams that brought many of you here tonight.'

1408945507607_Image_galleryImage_My_Friend_s_Place_represe.JPG

Friends: Cyrus put her head on Jesse's shoulder as her returned with her trophy in hand

Star: Her decision to have Jesse accept her video of the year award made her the star of this year's show for a much different reason from last year, when her twerking routine shocked many viewers

Throughout the speech Jesse revealed no more about himself than his first name and past as a homeless youth. At one stage host Jimmy Fallon steadied Jesse's hand on the microphone.
He concluded his speech by directing those interested in learning more to Miley's Facebook page, which the pop sensation had updated with a video explaining to fans how to donate to homeless charity My Friend's Place.

article-2733581-20C6608F00000578-390_638x423.jpg

Jimmy Fallon presents Jesse with Miley Cyrus's award for Wrecking Ball video

The executive director of My Friend's Place, Heather Carmichael, revealed to the New York Times that Jesse had in the past received help from the organisation.
Miley paid a visit to their shelter on Tuesday, which is when Miss Carmichael says she first met Jesse.

In the video, Miley assures viewers her decision was motivated by a desire to help, not just whip up publicity for herself.

WHAT IS MY FRIEND'S PLACE?

My Friend’s Place had its beginnings in 1988 when Steve LePore and Craig Scholz began distributing lunches to homeless youngsters in Hollywood.
Two years later, they opened a facility they called My Friend’s Place in Hollywood where they offered practical help to young people aged 12 to 25.
The privately funded charity aims to make the homeless youngsters self-sufficient and today helps more than 1,700 of them with education, health and job assistance.

myfriendsplace.org

'Now is just the beginning for me,' she said, suddenly branding herself an anti youth homelessness crusader. 'We gotta start somewhere.'
Along with the video was a message detailing how her fans can support My Friend's Place via a donation drive she's created on the site Prizeo.
'For every $5 donation, you’ll be entered to win a trip for 2 to Brazil to hang out with me at my show in Rio de Janeiro,' reads the message.
Miley's Instagram feed was also soon updated with photos of her and Jesse, as they rode to the awards show together and posed in a photo booth backstage.
1408945022037_wps_12_image001_png_miley_cyrus.jpg

Limo ride: Cyrus posed with the young Oregon man as they rode to the Video Music Awards together on Sunday

Touching photos: The two also posed together for some Instagram shots that appeared on Cyrus's account soon after Jesse appeared onstage to accept her award

1408946089884_wps_26_mileycyrusme_and_my_hero_.jpg

Burger time: After the show, Cyrus and Jesse took a pit stop at the local In-N-Out burger and then took another selfie

There's a reason he's an "aspiring" model.

And he slept in a bush once? So what? I can't count the weird places I've slept after a crazy night partying.

Welp. . .
News/

Miley Cyrus' MTV VMAs Date Jesse Helt Has a Warrant Out for His Arrest After Violating Probation

by Lily Harrison Today 9:32 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/573146/...-out-for-his-arrest-after-violating-probation

rs_600x600-140824192853-600-miley-cyrus-mtv-vma-instagram.ls.82414_copy.jpg
Instagram/Twitter
Miley Cyrus introduced the world to Jesse Helt when he accepted her MTV VMA for Video of the Year on her behalf over the weekend, but now more information about the homeless youth is being revealed.
E! News has learned that there is a warrant out for the arrest of the Salem, Ore., native for violation of probation, stemming from previous charges including criminal trespassing and criminal mischief.
He was also charged with burglary after a 2010 incident where he attempted to break into an apartment.
According to recent court documents, Helt violated his probation on numerous occasions after failing to take a drug test, failing to report to his probation officer, breaching his curfew, not finishing his community service hours and more.

rs_634x845-140824192856-634.miley-cyrus-mtv-vma-instagram.ls.82414.jpg
Instagram/Twitter
On Sunday, Helt was on the arm of Cyrus all throughout the MTV Video Music Awards and gave an emotional speech about homeless teens in America.
"My name is Jesse, and I'm accepting this award on behalf of 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth who are starving lost and scared right now," he told the crowd nervously, while Cyrus looked on with tears in her eyes.
"I know this because I am one of these people. I have survived in shelters all over this city…Though I may have been invisible to you on the streets I have a lot of the same dreams that brought many of you here tonight."
At the end of the night, Cyrus encouraged her fans to go to her Facebook page to donate and raise awareness for My Friend's Place, a homeless shelter for youths in Hollywood.

Mystery solved: Homeless youth who went to VMAs with Miley Cyrus is a wannabe model who ‘slept in a bush’ as he chased his dreams, his delighted mother reveals

• Jesse Helt, 22, originally from Oregon, accepted the Video of the Year Award on Miley Cyrus's behalf

The man who stole the show at this year's VMAs after accepting an award on behalf of Miley Cyrus is a wannabe model who was once so destitute he slept in a bush, his mom has today revealed.
    Jesse Helt, 22, who hails from Salem, Oregon, was Miley's date for the evening and when she won the Video of the Year award for her song Wrecking Ball, he stepped on to the stage in her place to read a speech about the plight of homeless young people - admitting he too had been homeless.

Homeless: Jesse Helt, pictured, was Miley Cyrus's date for the VMA awards. His mom Linda Helt tells how he was once forced to sleep in a bush

And speaking from her home in Salem, Mrs Helt told The Oregonian: 'He called me last night at about one o' clock,' adding that Jesse was now flying home after Miley gave him some money.
    She said: 'He's going to be travelling to Oregon today.'
    Jesse Helt grew up in Salem, according to his mother, 62, and he attended Chapman Hill Elementary, Myers Elementary and West Salem High School.

He received his GED through Chemeketa Community College, Linda Helt said.er son moved to Los Angeles a few years ago, his mother said, 'Because he wanted to make it on his own.'
    She confirmed that he was at times homeless, revealing that at one point Jesse moved out of a bad living situation. 'He called me and he said, 'Mom, I'm living in a bush', she recalled.
    Mrs Helt said her son met Cyrus when the singing star visited My Friend's Place, the Los Angeles center for homeless youth.

Delighted with the attention her son has got, she said: 'It's time for him to have some good luck. He needs to be blessed.'
    Just a cursory look online reveals that Jesse had attempted a career as a model, posting pictures on the Model Mayhem website and writing: 'I'm Jesse and I just moved here from Salem, Oregon about a year ago. If your interested in working with me please shoot me an email. I'm not turning down any work right now and would love to work with all kinds of photographers.'
    While he describes himself as 'really super nice' and a 'Christian' on his Facebook page.
    Speaking in front a crowd that included Katy Perry and Taylor Swift last night, Jesse said: ''I am accepting this award on behalf of the 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth in the United States who are starving and lost and scared for their lives. I know, because I am one of those people.'
    'I've been an extra in your movies, I've been an extra in your lives,' the blond-haired, blue eyed Jesse told the audience. 'Los Angeles has the largest population of homeless youth in America.'
    Miley sat, tearfully, in the audience next to singer Sam Smith as Jesse went on: 'Though may have been invisible to you on the streets I have a lot of the same dreams that brought many of you here tonight.'

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/25/1408945507607_Image_galleryImage_My_Friend_s_Place_represe.JPG

Friends: Cyrus put her head on Jesse's shoulder as her returned with her trophy in hand

Star: Her decision to have Jesse accept her video of the year award made her the star of this year's show for a much different reason from last year, when her twerking routine shocked many viewers

Throughout the speech Jesse revealed no more about himself than his first name and past as a homeless youth. At one stage host Jimmy Fallon steadied Jesse's hand on the microphone.
    He concluded his speech by directing those interested in learning more to Miley's Facebook page, which the pop sensation had updated with a video explaining to fans how to donate to homeless charity My Friend's Place.

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/25/article-2733581-20C6608F00000578-390_638x423.jpg
    Jimmy Fallon presents Jesse with Miley Cyrus's award for Wrecking Ball video

The executive director of My Friend's Place, Heather Carmichael, revealed to the New York Times that Jesse had in the past received help from the organisation.
    Miley paid a visit to their shelter on Tuesday, which is when Miss Carmichael says she first met Jesse.

In the video, Miley assures viewers her decision was motivated by a desire to help, not just whip up publicity for herself.

WHAT IS MY FRIEND'S PLACE?

My Friend’s Place had its beginnings in 1988 when Steve LePore and Craig Scholz began distributing lunches to homeless youngsters in Hollywood.
    Two years later, they opened a facility they called My Friend’s Place in Hollywood where they offered practical help to young people aged 12 to 25.
    The privately funded charity aims to make the homeless youngsters self-sufficient and today helps more than 1,700 of them with education, health and job assistance.

myfriendsplace.org

'Now is just the beginning for me,' she said, suddenly branding herself an anti youth homelessness crusader. 'We gotta start somewhere.'
    Along with the video was a message detailing how her fans can support My Friend's Place via a donation drive she's created on the site Prizeo.
    'For every $5 donation, you’ll be entered to win a trip for 2 to Brazil to hang out with me at my show in Rio de Janeiro,' reads the message.
    Miley's Instagram feed was also soon updated with photos of her and Jesse, as they rode to the awards show together and posed in a photo booth backstage.
    i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/25/1408945022037_wps_12_image001_png_miley_cyrus.jpg

Limo ride: Cyrus posed with the young Oregon man as they rode to the Video Music Awards together on Sunday

Touching photos: The two also posed together for some Instagram shots that appeared on Cyrus's account soon after Jesse appeared onstage to accept her award

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/25/1408946089884_wps_26_mileycyrusme_and_my_hero_.jpg

Burger time: After the show, Cyrus and Jesse took a pit stop at the local In-N-Out burger and then took another selfie

• Welp. . .
    News/

Miley Cyrus' MTV VMAs Date Jesse Helt Has a Warrant Out for His Arrest After Violating Probation

by Lily Harrison Today 9:32 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/573146/...-out-for-his-arrest-after-violating-probation

eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014724/rs_600x600-140824192853-600-miley-cyrus-mtv-vma-instagram.ls.82414_copy.jpg Instagram/Twitter
    Miley Cyrus introduced the world to Jesse Helt when he accepted her MTV VMA for Video of the Year on her behalf over the weekend, but now more information about the homeless youth is being revealed.
    E! News has learned that there is a warrant out for the arrest of the Salem, Ore., native for violation of probation, stemming from previous charges including criminal trespassing and criminal mischief.
    He was also charged with burglary after a 2010 incident where he attempted to break into an apartment.
    According to recent court documents, Helt violated his probation on numerous occasions after failing to take a drug test, failing to report to his probation officer, breaching his curfew, not finishing his community service hours and more.

At the end of the night, Cyrus encouraged her fans to go to her Facebook page to donate and raise awareness for My Friend's Place, a homeless shelter for youths in Hollywood.

Did that bush press charges?