Milan and France station in Hong Kong.....

Blue824 said:
Do they guarantee that anything sold there is authentic, or is it still buyer beware? I think I may be going to HK over Thanksgiving, so I'm definitely going to keep this in mind.... are there other specific consignment stores that are recommended there?

Authentic stuff. Some are gently-used, some are new. But it's all indicated on the tags.

Yasmin87 said:
Are these bags authentic? If so, why do they stack them like that? It's like they don't care about the Hermes bags for some reason.

Fact is, in Hong Kong, resale Hermes Birkins are everywhere! There are a lot of wealthy socialites and quasi-royalty in Hong Kong. They look stacked up, but they're not crashed or anything. Just on displayed within as small a space as possible. I saw a 30cm dark brown calfskin Birkin with silver hardware in a resale shop in Singapore for $9000. It isn't too bad considering that there's no wait. Plus they do come with receipts and everything.

TammyD said:
Fact is, in Hong Kong, resale Hermes Birkins are everywhere! There are a lot of wealthy socialites and quasi-royalty in Hong Kong. They look stacked up, but they're not crashed or anything. Just on displayed within as small a space as possible. I saw a 30cm dark brown calfskin Birkin with silver hardware in a resale shop in Singapore for $9000. It isn't too bad considering that there's no wait. Plus they do come with receipts and everything.

so true!!! you should definitely visit hongkong and feel the fashion atmosphere. :yes: i get inspired to dress uo every day there!

:shocked: oh....my.....god (faints)

I was just in HK in January for business - and over a weekend too!!! This was BPF (Before PF) and I had NO IDEA of Milan and France Station. :noggin: (did buy a Paddy at Lane Crawford though) but still...can't believe I missed the goodies in these stores!!!!!:shocked:

I've got about 3 more trips planned to Asia for work through October and I'm definitely gonna try to get a stopover in HK!!!

Thanks for the info!!

I used to live at HK, Milan statin and Paris station are famous 2nd hand bags/ clothes reseller at hk. They also have brand new item for sale too. Usually customer will purchse the bags/ clothes from europe which is much cheaper than the rest of the world and re-sell the milan station for around 10% profit and then they re-sell to the public. from what I heard. they will pay you around 53000HKD-57000HKD for a brand new birkin 35 ( depends on leather and color) , then they will resell for around 70000 +. So if you purchase your birkin from europe it will only cost you around 50000HKD or less after the tax return, its quiet good profit.

for LV handbag, they will either pay you from 10% above retail price to 30% off retail price for a brand new bag ( based on HK retail price) lotsss of ppl purchase popular model and resell to them.

Gucci/ prada/ chloe are not as popular as before usually they only will take the bags within 1 year.

I will go to HK at July, I hope I can find my dream magenta Balenciaga from those 2 store since balenciaga no longer popular at hk, so the resell price should be cheap.

If any of you guys come to HK, let me know....please!! I would love to meet up and take you shopping! I am a regular at the Milan Stations and generally get a discount on my bags! If you go to my pics of my bags in the collections thread...pretty much every bag was bought at a Milan Station! You can get amazing deals, sometimes....