Mike & Chris Leather Jacket has arrived...

shoppergrl

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I was already mad when I saw it was stuffed into a small envelope!! A skirt I bought from BCBG arrived at the same time, in a huge box... that was a $60 skirt. This was a (nearly) $700 jacket! wth.

Anyway, what do you girls think?? Should I keep it? There's also the option of getting the reddish ("pinot") version for $50 cheaper.

It's a little tight in the arms, and a little big in the body... maybe Mike & Chris just doesn't look right on me?? :\ I can't decide.

(Sorry for the blurry pics... I'll ask my bf to take better pics when he gets home)

Attachments

• jacket4.jpg
    jacket4.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 455
  • jacket1.jpg
    jacket1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 325
  • jacket3.jpg
    jacket3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 306
  • package.jpg
    package.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 185
I personally love it especially since I love Mike and Chris leather jackets BUT if you're thinking twice about it and you feel the fit isn't right for you, I suggest you return it. If you're spending that much, you better be happy with it and if you're not, you shouldn't keep it and feel like you just "settled" for it.

that's a lot of money if you're in doubt... you look great! but if you're not happy with it, you can definitely find a similar jacket if you're willing to spend at that price point. Good luck!

I think it looks good. when i first bought the Jesse jacket i felt like the body was a bit big as well and that was an xs. i thought maybe thats just the way they fit. It grew on me though and now i don't mind it at all. plus if you plan on layerin when it gets colder the extra room would be good.

M&C does tend to be really tight in the arms. I think it looks cute too, but I agree that YOU should be the one that's happy for a $700 jacket. I would return it if it doesn't grow on you in the next day or so.
Have you looked at Vince leather jackets? They are about the same price range, and tend to fit a bit slimmer in the body.

I like it, but like everyone else .. if you aren't satisfied with it return. I'd recommend maybe giving it a few days before returning it incase it does tend to grow on you which a lot of my purchases do. Just keep in mind where it is fitted it is going to stretch (aka in your arms) but i think on this M&C style that the body isn't suppose to be fitted, it is suppose to be somewhat "boxy"

M&C's "puffy torso" cut seems to be their signature look. I have 4 M&C hoodies/jackets (non-leather), and all of them are cut slim through the arms, and voluminous along the torso and back with a tightly cinched in waist. They are definitely not makers of fitted leather jackets a la SWORD!

I think it looks really cute on you, but you need to be 100% happy with it for that kind of money! :smile: