Midnight or Grenadine?

armysfcwife

May 18, 2012
So I bought midnight Harper and my mother bought grenadine and after seeing how gorgeous grenadine is I'm debating returning midnight and am torn! lol

Input?

I have plenty to wear with both colors but I'm one of those people that as much as I love both colors I feel like I still can't justify keeping both.

So...midnight or grenadine.

1,2,3...GO! :smile:

I would say if you and your mom switch out your bags often enough and if she is nearby just share with her. This way you will get your fix of both and decide if you really want both or just for certain occasions.

I saw both. Loved the color and texture of the grenadine, but the finish on her made it alittle plastic like. The midnight was stunning and without any texture made her slouchly and yummy. Good luck with your decision!

I would say if you and your mom switch out your bags often enough and if she is nearby just share with her. This way you will get your fix of both and decide if you really want both or just for certain occasions.

I saw both. Loved the color and texture of the grenadine, but the finish on her made it alittle plastic like. The midnight was stunning and without any texture made her slouchly and yummy. Good luck with your decision!

Was midnight shimmery? She looks it online!

I wouldn't choose Midnight unless I'd seen the color of it.
I ordered Midnight from the web site and paid full price; it arrived today; I was so excited. ThenI opened the box. My Midnight is one color on the turnlock front (blue), on the sides and back it is definitely purple. On the middle zipper it is three different colors on the leather strips. The leather was also scratched.
I called Customer Service in Jax. I asked if this bag was supposed to be color blocked. The lady apologized for the mixed leathers and said this bag is Midnight BLUE. I told her of the different colors. My DH says it looks like they used the end pieces of leather runs to piece this bag together. I am so mad. It is shimmery on the purple leather; the blue is like flat paint. I am really angry. I live in the middle of nowhere but luckily have a dr's appoint. in a city that has a full price Coach store so this bag will go back there. I'll let them know what I think about Coach's quality which is going downhill. Over $600. for a shabby bag. The mistake I made was going by the picture on the website--purple; the reveals on tpf look purple but not tricolor from blue to purple to purplishish. From now on I won't buy anything I haven't seen in real life. I don't know how to post pictures or I'd let you gals see this mess of a bag. No Harpers for me The silver hardware looks old and used too. YUCK!
diogenes

I ordered Midnight from the web site and paid full price; it arrived today; I was so excited. ThenI opened the box. My Midnight is one color on the turnlock front (blue), on the sides and back it is definitely purple. On the middle zipper it is three different colors on the leather strips. The leather was also scratched.
I called Customer Service in Jax. I asked if this bag was supposed to be color blocked. The lady apologized for the mixed leathers and said this bag is Midnight BLUE. I told her of the different colors. My DH says it looks like they used the end pieces of leather runs to piece this bag together. I am so mad. It is shimmery on the purple leather; the blue is like flat paint. I am really angry. I live in the middle of nowhere but luckily have a dr's appoint. in a city that has a full price Coach store so this bag will go back there. I'll let them know what I think about Coach's quality which is going downhill. Over $600. for a shabby bag. The mistake I made was going by the picture on the website--purple; the reveals on tpf look purple but not tricolor from blue to purple to purplishish. From now on I won't buy anything I haven't seen in real life. I don't know how to post pictures or I'd let you gals see this mess of a bag. No Harpers for me The silver hardware looks old and used too. YUCK!
diogenes

Oh no! That sounds terrible! I'm sorry for your experience! I really wish you could post a pic bc I've heard of things like this and you may have saved me from ordering this bag. :sad:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news with this Midnight multi-color bag mess. I wish I knew how to post pictures, but I don't. TPF changed the format and I was out of comission for a while so now they say I didn't join until Dec and still have to post 10 replies before I can include my own personal thread, so I guess if I could post pictures, tpf wouldn't let me. I'm trying to get there again. I've tried to explain to them, but they don't seem to get it.
Just beware. But, you may be lucky and get a good one. I think since I ordered online and couldn't inspect the bag first, they sent the leftover! Good luck.
diogenes

diogenes

I'm like you...I'm so colour sensitive as it is and the colour of Midnight Harper satchel looks lovely online in stock photos but...not sure what I'd think or how I'd feel about it irl. And that's just the colour...what a disaster about the leather! I would be extremely upset with Coach too.