Food Middle Eastern Food? Have You Tried It..

its fried fava beans with chick beans in a ball form.

It has a dark brown outer crust from the frying and a greenish yellowish inside.

sounds like some sort of "kuba" made from "foul" "(fava beans) and hummus (chickpeas)

Usually kuba is a bulgur (or rice/potato/meat, or a mixture of a few) crust (which was a dough stuffed with meat and nuts, or just browned ground beef) then it is all deep fried.

ya kubeh is different. They both have two totally different flavours but they are both really amazing and great when they are right off the frier.

Kubeh is harder to make too compared to falafel.

Love, love, love it. Kebabs, falafel, mujadarrah, hummus, tabbouleh, babaganoush, tangines, there's very little I won't eat. If ever any of you find yourself in Manhattan, go to this place called Moustache on 10th Street, just east of 1st Avenue, if memory serves. One of my favorite snacks is steamed cauliflower with hummus. And the salads are the best!!!!

Not Middle Eastern, but a second cousin of mine made Mongolian Lamb Stew.

A little story . . .

Whenever he cooks, the recipe is stuck to the cupboard by the stove. I served myself and as I was leaving the kitchen, I glanced at the recipe. A notation said if there was no lamb available, veal could be susbstituted instead.

I didn't know what to do in that situation. I wasn't sure if it was lamb or veal (and there wasn't much meat in there to begin with) so to be polite I finished it but I was apologizing over and over to my principles.

Imagine my relief when I learned the meat in the dish was in fact pork!