Microdermabrasion for wedding?

Couturegrl

Addicted to Tiffany's
O.G.
Apr 24, 2006
OK so I have heard that in order to get the best results from microdermabrasion, you should do it in a series of 6.

The only problem is that I want to get it done for my wedding...which is March 19! So I don't have enough time for a series of 6...I can maybe do 2 at the most.

My question is...will it be worth only getting it twice? Will the results be really noticeable? I am going to get 2 hydrating facials in between now and my wedding...will that be enough?

BTW, I am 25, my skin is very clear but can be a tad dry (just in case that makes some kind of difference.)

Thanks!:heart:

I would suggest calling a couple places that do it and ask a very generic question such as "when will I really start to see the results." Don't tell them about your timeline because you will get a different answer I am sure as they are trying to sell you a product.

In my experience, peels are more effective when you have a short time frame. There are even some fantastic at home light peels that can be used once a week. I see results within a day or two after the first application. I've used Ellen Lange, Estee Lauder, and Philosophy peels at home, all great...Whatever you decide, I recommend consulting with a dermatologist first. Best of luck, and congrats on the wedding!

i go and get them done at sleek over here in miami. to be honest i saw results after my first visit. my skin was glowing, i even got stopped by strangers. it was that good, but at sleek they do the microdermabrasion followed by a light peel and extractions all in the same session. good luck with whatever you decide. i got a package of six treatments for just over $300.

I'm not an expert but it might depend on what you want fixed. If you have scars/marks you are looking to lighten, etc.

If you are just looking to suck out the dead skin cells on the top and very very surface layer type of marks or discoloration, microderm does a good job of giving you soft glowing skin.

If you are looking to clear up more spots/scars and uneven tone, I would recommend peels, in which case you probably should start ASAP.

This advice is based on my experience. I've done a microderm and saw immediate result (far from perfect, but immediate result nonetheless), a few IPL photo treatments, and a few chemical peels (not the major ones where you look like a burned victim). I think the peels are the best but you need to stay out of the sun and I think you will see a marked difference after a few treatments.

Personally, I think it's a tad late and therefore a little risky to start changing your regimen because you don't know how your skin will react, but do consult a derm. It doesn't sound like you have bad skin. Maybe you can make sure to gently exfoliate 2-3 times a week. drink lots of water (working on that myself), and do a hydrating mask every week? I would consider the hydrating facial if you are sure your skin will not react badly to it.

Microderms will show you some instant results that you will be able to feel even as the esthetician is doing the service. When I do micros I will do one half of the face first and let the client feel the difference between the 2, its amazing :smile: I love them.

6-12 treatments is for the best overall results. You can get a micro every 10-14 days. Which is plenty of time for you to get in a few more then 2 before your wedding!

1 micro = 3 chemical peels (spa level peels) dermatologist peels are way more intense.

Hope it helps :smile: and Congratulations on your wedding!!! :smile:

Microderms will show you some instant results that you will be able to feel even as the esthetician is doing the service. When I do micros I will do one half of the face first and let the client feel the difference between the 2, its amazing :smile: I love them.

6-12 treatments is for the best overall results. You can get a micro every 10-14 days. Which is plenty of time for you to get in a few more then 2 before your wedding!

1 micro = 3 chemical peels (spa level peels) dermatologist peels are way more intense.

Hope it helps :smile: and Congratulations on your wedding!!! :smile:

i had one of those done before and it was a nightmare. it took weeks for my skin to peel and then months for it to recover:tdown:. i looked like a burn victim for so long.

microderm is great! skin feels soft, brighter, and youthful appearance to name a few. when u begin the course it's usually 1 every wk for 6 wks then a top up once a month. congrats on the wedding!

microderm is my favorite office skin treatment because the results are immediate - smooth, glowing skin. I go once every 6-8 weeks. The results are rather temporary though. As your skin surface begins to build back up, you start to see the dullness and uneven tones come back. Hence the every 6-8 week treatments for me. But I do like it. You definitely need to go to a good aesthetician who is thorough and knows what he/she is doing.