Micro fibre lining?

Ok so I'm planning ahead as I KNOW in October I will be nose diving off the sofa!
Planning a M.com trip to Edinburgh and I know I won't be coming home empty handed :roflmfao:

So, the SBS, is it leather/suede lined?
I think my tumble will probably be for this in oxblood but I need to know in advance if it's suede or pretend suede lined. I want suede..

Anyone?? :worthy:

Ok so I'm planning ahead as I KNOW in October I will be nose diving off the sofa!
Planning a M.com trip to Edinburgh and I know I won't be coming home empty handed :roflmfao:

So, the SBS, is it leather/suede lined?
I think my tumble will probably be for this in oxblood but I need to know in advance if it's suede or pretend suede lined. I want suede..

Anyone?? :worthy:

The NVT ones on the website are all suede lined but the other leathers look to be micro fibre.... so looks like you'll be safe if you go for oxblood! :smile:

What an interesting topic from all of you veterans of Mulberry, thank you! There's a thread over in the "Handbags and Purses" (I believe) forum talking about how we feel about the lining (or lack thereof) in a bag and how it makes us feel.

I do think the type of lining is important, and quite frankly the fact that the Bayswaters that I was considering didn't have a lining I saw as a PLUS! It's nice, IMO, to have it be all natural inside, especially when the alternative is a not-so-nice lining!

I also very much dislike those linings that are "loose" and move around inside the bag.
Manufacturers need to know how important the lining is to their consumers and make the appropriate choices going forward.

I've seen too many bags that seem very attractive on the outside but upon further inspection inside the lining simply "cheapens" the bag.......:tdown:

I'm no expert at all on Mulberry but I would hate to see that happen from them. Apparently I'm in good company!

i actually like the micro fibre lining as it is so much LIGHTER weight than the ones in Suede. This is especially true when comparing 2 lily of the same size (one in Microfibre and the other in Suede). The lighter one in Microfibre win hands down, and this one get my vote.

i actually like the micro fibre lining as it is so much LIGHTER weight than the ones in Suede. This is especially true when comparing 2 lily of the same size (one in Microfibre and the other in Suede). The lighter one in Microfibre win hands down, and this one get my vote.

That is a really intersting perspective! I had a medium Lily for a day or two but returned it as it was too heavy when I filled it up. The chain strap dug into my shoulder. (Yes, I haul the world around sometimes with me.) The microfiber lining might take care of that issue for me with the medium size Lily. Hmmm . . . something to contemplate.

That is a really intersting perspective! I had a medium Lily for a day or two but returned it as it was too heavy when I filled it up. The chain strap dug into my shoulder. (Yes, I haul the world around sometimes with me.) The microfiber lining might take care of that issue for me with the medium size Lily. Hmmm . . . something to contemplate.

Totally agree youngster, I found the strap very uncomfortable on the shoulder. I didn't find it a practical bag, we didn't bond at all and unfortunately it was too late to return so I sold mine on. I don't think a slightly lighter bag will sway me.

I love the regular/small Lily and will stick with this size with a suede lining..........no microfibre for me :tdown:

Totally agree youngster, I found the strap very uncomfortable on the shoulder. I didn't find it a practical bag, we didn't bond at all and unfortunately it was too late to return so I sold mine on. I don't think a slightly lighter bag will sway me.

I love the regular/small Lily and will stick with this size with a suede lining..........no microfibre for me :tdown:

I love the regular/small Lily too. I have 4 of them all with suede lining. :biggrin: But, for a medium, I might go with one with micro-fiber if I can get a good price on it.

I'm conflicted....theres a preloved Mulberry I'm debating but cant decide if I want to pay 400.00 (US dollars) for near mint choc mulberry with some olive fabric with trees lining OR the same one with suede lining for $520 (US dollars).....and I wasn't even aware Mulberrys had fabric lining til now.....does anyone know what year they did that? and what do you ladies prefer? I just bought a preloved new condition New Bayswater that just came out last year.....and its HUGE and HEAVY and not so sure about. Gorgeous though But truly looks like a medicine bag to me. thoughts anyone? thanks in advance!!!

I'm conflicted....theres a preloved Mulberry I'm debating but cant decide if I want to pay 400.00 (US dollars) for near mint choc mulberry with some olive fabric with trees lining OR the same one with suede lining for $520 (US dollars).....and I wasn't even aware Mulberrys had fabric lining til now.....does anyone know what year they did that? and what do you ladies prefer? I just bought a preloved new condition New Bayswater that just came out last year.....and its HUGE and HEAVY and not so sure about. Gorgeous though But truly looks like a medicine bag to me. thoughts anyone? thanks in advance!!!

I would go for the suede lining so you get the gorgeous leather smell when you open the bag !! Which bag is it?