Micro Crossbody: Regan vs Avery

Hello everyone!
I've been looking for a new lightweight crossbody bag in a grey/neutral taupe color and so far the ones which made the cut are the Micro Regan in Mushroom {though it looks like it's glazed leather and I'm not sure I love that feature}, the Side zip mini Regan in, again, Mushroom and the Micro Avery; the MAB camera bag also caught my eye. The issue is that I found almost no reviews about these bags...can anyone who owns them share their experience, thoughts, wear and tear? I would be forever grateful. Thank you.

20160816_152824_resized_1.jpg
I bought this micro regan satchel in July for an overseas trip. It is very light weight and comfortable to wear. I could fit the following items in it during the trip:
1) small wallet and a card holder
2) small pouch for lip balm, painkillers, plasters, mirror
3) tissue and wet wipes
4) ray ban shades in soft pouch
5) Samsung note 5
6) small umbrella
I removed some of the tassels as it feels too much on a small bag.
With regards to wear and tear, it still looks as good as new after my trip. Definitely a value for money purchase. (the only negative feedback would be the hardware, not very substantial by my standard) Hope this helps.

View attachment 3563046
I bought this micro regan satchel in July for an overseas trip. It is very light weight and comfortable to wear. I could fit the following items in it during the trip:
1) small wallet and a card holder
2) small pouch for lip balm, painkillers, plasters, mirror
3) tissue and wet wipes
4) ray ban shades in soft pouch
5) Samsung note 5
6) small umbrella
I removed some of the tassels as it feels too much on a small bag.
With regards to wear and tear, it still looks as good as new after my trip. Definitely a value for money purchase. (the only negative feedback would be the hardware, not very substantial by my standard) Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer!
Interestingly, we tend to carry similar items- cardholders, pouches, umbrellas, mirrors, so your feedback is very important. I too agree about the tassels looking a bit too...much on it. Your Regan is in pebbled leather, isn't it? I'd have liked this version a lot better than the current glazed leather one, truth be told...Especially because I have no idea how that ages/how easy it is to keep clean in a lighter colour. Yours hasn't lost its shape at all? About the hardware- not that substantial {compared with, say, Louis Vuitton, other contemporary designers, other RM bags or...?} but still functional?

Thank you so much for your detailed answer!
Interestingly, we tend to carry similar items- cardholders, pouches, umbrellas, mirrors, so your feedback is very important. I too agree about the tassels looking a bit too...much on it. Your Regan is in pebbled leather, isn't it? I'd have liked this version a lot better than the current glazed leather one, truth be told...Especially because I have no idea how that ages/how easy it is to keep clean in a lighter colour. Yours hasn't lost its shape at all? About the hardware- not that substantial {compared with, say, Louis Vuitton, other contemporary designers, other RM bags or...?} but still functional?

Yes, mine is in pebbled leather and it's very nice and soft. I believe the larger sizes will have the risk of the bag sagging more, but the micro size retains the shape quite well. It may look a bit limpy when it's empty because the leather is very soft, but after putting stuff in it, it looks fine again. I store it with the stuffings provided and so far so good.
I wouldn't compare the hardware with premier brands as it won't be a fair comparison given the big price difference. I have seen the hardware on my mom's MK bags and find that they are much better made. However, I still like my bag a lot and carries it a lot when I'm out with my toddler.

Reactions: smokeandmirrors
Yes, mine is in pebbled leather and it's very nice and soft. I believe the larger sizes will have the risk of the bag sagging more, but the micro size retains the shape quite well. It may look a bit limpy when it's empty because the leather is very soft, but after putting stuff in it, it looks fine again. I store it with the stuffings provided and so far so good.
I wouldn't compare the hardware with premier brands as it won't be a fair comparison given the big price difference. I have seen the hardware on my mom's MK bags and find that they are much better made. However, I still like my bag a lot and carries it a lot when I'm out with my toddler.

I'll definitely follow your suggestion and keep it stuffed in case I do end up getting one {I'll likely wait for a pebbled leather one though}.

Again, thank you for your help!

Reactions: gswpurse