michele deco XL - too big? pics

shells

will work for bags!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
so i could really use some opinions....any advice greatly appreciated! we went and bought a michele diamond deco XL watch (20mm as opposed to the regular 18mm) and i just can't decide if it's too big. they happened to not have any regular silver deco's in stock, so it was hard to compare. this is a BIG watch, comparable to a men's size watch. i don't have miniscule wrists, so i think the watch looks the same on me as the regular one does on people with small wrists, but i can't decide. is this watch just too big for me?? i love big watches, but will this date itself in a few years? i know it's harder to find bands for it, but that doesn't really worry me. i've attached pics, the face is slightly different, it's an off-white with michele "M"s in the middle and around the edges, the chronograps are MOP. the band is also 5 links across instead of 7. any advice welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_2331.jpg
    IMG_2331.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 6,170
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,753
  • IMG_2336.jpg
    IMG_2336.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,112
  • IMG_2338.jpg
    IMG_2338.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,467
Last edited:
thanks everyone, i really think it's growing on me! i always loved the deco, but wanted something a lil diff. - i don't always love having what everyone else already has. my only concern was that it was just a bit too big. after wearing it around, i'm falling in love...we're going to try on the regular deco just to be sure, but i think this is my new watch!!

I think it looks great. Big watches on women are so hot right now.

I'm very tiny and I wear a 42mm Fossil and a 35.5mm Corum. When you said 20mm, I think that refers to the band width. The width of your watch's case is 37mm according to the source where I looked it up.

I think it looks great. Big watches on women are so hot right now.

I'm very tiny and I wear a 42mm Fossil and a 35.5mm Corum. When you said 20mm, I think that refers to the band width. The width of your watch's case is 37mm according to the source where I looked it up.

yup, it's the band width. i guess i always referred to it that way since that's the way the salespeople did! i decided to keep the watch, i truly fell in love with it (missed it while i was at work and left it at home!) the regular deco just seems small to me now. i had the band adjusted, it had not yet been in my pics, and it's like a part of me now! since it doesn't look like i'll ever get a super expensive watch (cartier diamond roadster!!:heart:) i am more than satisfied with this gorgeous beauty! thanks for all the opinions!