Michael's annoyed by Brangelina!

i don't think that michael douglas criticized the cheating or anything like that but the fact that people in hollywood jump so easily into and out of marriages. he also mentioned renee zellweger's shorter-than-a-sneeze marriage and julia roberts' with lyle lovett.

abandonedimages said:
Lol I don't know why but that tickles me to see how many people made reference to my "slap" comment. But yeah, a little harsh, but no offense taken on my side.

....none taken here either. I'm sure that had the situation been reversed perhaps you'd have 'made reference to a "slap" comment' or maybe not; it's actually quite indifferent at this point. No harm, no foul...I'm sure we could fill up several forums on topics to which we all have differences of opinion; diversity is a good thing.....

I believe what lead us all here in the first place was our common love of fine bags, etc. To ***** and coz drama and fallout over differing opinions was not.

Now back to work for a bit.....peace .!. .!.

:smile:

I think MD was being very tacky. His public opinion of Brangelina has gotten his name in the papers again. Even if he may be right it's still rude on his part. It doesn't help Jennifer either, as she is sick of being the victim in this situation.

May I ask what is wrong with hold orphans? It's wonderful that Angie & Brad adopted unwanted children and trying to become a family. I know that some of you are not too crazy about Angie, but she is one of the VERY, VERY few who is trying to make a difference in the world. Instead of donating (which alot of celebs do for tax and media purposes) she is pro-active and spend time with the unfortunate children. That takes alot of time and effort and more than Michael Douglas and his wife will ever do. I think MD should focus on his family instead of casting the first stone at the couple.

LuvMyLVs said:
....none taken here either. I'm sure that had the situation been reversed perhaps you'd have 'made reference to a "slap" comment' or maybe not; it's actually quite indifferent at this point. No harm, no foul...I'm sure we could fill up several forums on topics to which we all have differences of opinion; diversity is a good thing.....

I believe what lead us all here in the first place was our common love of fine bags, etc. To ***** and coz drama and fallout over differing opinions was not.

Now back to work for a bit.....peace .!. .!.

:smile:

Yeah I know what you mean about the reason we even come to the forum (love for bags), and so often I see cat fights spring up, and I just wish that would never happen. Half the time it's a mere incidence of misinterpretation, you know?

I used to visit a different forum a lot, one for my diary community. I got into it with some guy and for what reason? None in particular. It was ridiculous. I'm all for people and their differing opinions, but the malice that results is so unnecessary sometimes.

When you and SwankyMamaof3 acknowledged the slap comment Designerbagcarrier made after my post I kind of breathed a sigh of relief because it showed me others recognized that hostility isn't needed here, everyone has their opinions and that's fine.

abandonedimages said:
Yeah I know what you mean about the reason we even come to the forum (love for bags), and so often I see cat fights spring up, and I just wish that would never happen. Half the time it's a mere incidence of misinterpretation, you know?

I used to visit a different forum a lot, one for my diary community. I got into it with some guy and for what reason? None in particular. It was ridiculous. I'm all for people and their differing opinions, but the malice that results is so unnecessary sometimes.

When you and SwankyMamaof3 acknowledged the slap comment Designerbagcarrier made after my post I kind of breathed a sigh of relief because it showed me others recognized that hostility isn't needed here, everyone has their opinions and that's fine.

I am not sure what the other two posters read, but it was you who first referred to my and another posters' comments as being slap worthy. If anyone is being hostile towards others, it's you. However, I agree the reason I joined this forum is because of my love for handbags and really don't have time to argue. You probably noticed I stopped discussing this issue several posts back.

angelica said:
I think MD was being very tacky. His public opinion of Brangelina has gotten his name in the papers again. Even if he may be right it's still rude on his part. It doesn't help Jennifer either, as she is sick of being the victim in this situation.
Then he must have a movie in the works or something! It really makes me sick how PR machine works in Hollywood!:sick:

Designerbagcarrier said:
I am not sure what the other two posters read, but it was you who first referred to my and another posters' comments as being slap worthy. If anyone is being hostile towards others, it's you. However, I agree the reason I joined this forum is because of my love for handbags and really don't have time to argue. You probably noticed I stopped discussing this issue several posts back.

No, no. Again, this is a misinterpretation. I said --

"But she smoked when she was pregnant? Okay, that's just wrong/deserves a slap."

I meant CZJ deserved to be slapped because she smoked when she was pregnant. Why did you assume I meant you/others in the forum? I don't see where I am being hostile, I really wish you wouldn't think that way. When I mentioned hostility shouldn't be in this forum I simply meant in general there's no need for it in a place where we come together to express our love for handbags.

I'm glad you don't have time to argue, and even if you did I hope you don't ever have to anyway, especially not here or anywhere online (seeing as online arguments are irrelevant). I'm sorry my phrasing has misled you, I hope this makes more sense and this "argument" is settled.

Ah! I think I erased a line without noticing. Nonetheless, it was "I never bashed on you nor meant to. I'm sorry if you were offended, but I'm not taking offense to what you said because I know on the internet things are easily misunderstood (ex. you don't know what tone they're using)."

"You probably noticed I stopped discussing this issue several posts back."

Me too, I first commented here a couple days ago and didn't check back here again til today.

abandonedimages said:
No, no. Again, this is a misinterpretation. I said --

"But she smoked when she was pregnant? Okay, that's just wrong/deserves a slap."

I meant CZJ deserved to be slapped because she smoked when she was pregnant. Why did you assume I meant you/others in the forum? I don't see where I am being hostile, I really wish you wouldn't think that way. When I mentioned hostility shouldn't be in this forum I simply meant in general there's no need for it in a place where we come together to express our love for handbags.

I'm glad you don't have time to argue, and even if you did I hope you don't ever have to anyway, especially not here or anywhere online (seeing as online arguments are irrelevant). I'm sorry my phrasing has misled you, I hope this makes more sense and this "argument" is settled.

I am glad we cleared the air. It was very big of you to clarify what you meant. Obviously, I interpreted what you wrote differently from what you intended. I too apologize. Happy Posting!

ayla said:
Nicole was.. wow, I probably just couldn't be as strong as her if a 10 year marriage dissolved, plus she was pregnant at the time (and miscarried) !!

Wow, I didn't know about that. That's so sad. Poor Nicole, I really feel for her. She seems like a very strong and graceful lady.

Designerbagcarrier said:
She didn't insinuate anyone needed a slap. It was actually you, Designerbagcarrier that said:
I am close to saying anyone who agrees with him should have some sense slap into them as well.
Which would include about half of the people, including me, that responded to this thread. I thought it was a little abrupt to speak to "friends" like this.

You have to be a lot more abrupt to make me mad, but I felt a need to address it.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
She didn't insinuate anyone needed a slap. It was actually you, Designerbagcarrier that said:

Which would include about half of the people, including me, that responded to this thread. I thought it was a little abrupt to speak to "friends" like this.

You have to be a lot more abrupt to make me mad, but I felt a need to address it.

This is a dead issue. I am not sure why you want to keep it going. I misinterpreted what SHE wrote. We have clarified it. Again, I don't know why you felt a need to respond.

Way to go ladies!!! I am really happy when you stand up and demand to be treated like a woman should be treated....something MD did not do with his first wife. He disgusts me. If you are single...wait until you are married...things are really important when you truly commit for life. I am glad I received some support here!!!