Michael Kors warranty approach for multifunction wristlet straps

megcurry

O.G.
Jun 25, 2007
What started as a constructive call to Customer Service is apparently going nowhere fast. Last month I was walking around my local Marshalls shopping and I hear a thud. My MK wristlet dropped to the floor next to me and thank goodness I heard it when it happened! For those of you who have wristlets like these, you know that the wrist strap has a pivoting clasp at the end that attaches to a small D-ring on the wallet itself. Well, the pivoting clasp fell out of it's rivet point at the end of the strap! Here is a picture:
IMG_1483459669.381799.jpg

So I call these folks at MK since it was purchased from Neiman Marcus in late Jan. 2016 so it should be under warranty. The gal tells me I have to send in the entire wallet with the broken strap! Hell if I am gonna do that! The don't make this type of wallet anymore; all the new ones are humongous and open flat, which I dislike.

How hard should it be for these folks to realize that I can send them the two pieces of the broken strap, plus a copy of my receipt and copy of the original MK price tag and they should be able to send me a repaired strap or a new one? They are still making things in Pale Gold, so this shouldn't be an unreasonable request. Even if it was another complementary color.

I worry that they will try to replace my whole wallet with one of the new style flat ones and I will not use that.

I already bought a slightly cheesy looking leather gold strap from China although it is not Saffiano so I guess I will just live with that. Or use another MK strap from another wristlet. Or scour the internet for a used MK with a pale gold strap like this. Sigh.

Mar 28, 2015
So sorry to hear that it broke.. I think if you send it in for them to fix, and they can't, they'll send you the replacement like you stated. So definitely don't do that .I had problems with one of my Kate Spade bags and asked if they could send me a replacement strap (Id pay for shipping and for the strap of course) but they said that everything is made to be in pairs.. basically saying that they don't make extra parts for their bags/wristlets. They're all just made to go together. Which makes sense but is also inconvenient.

I'd try going on etsy and searching for a chain link wristlet strap, they're pretty affordable. I purchased a replacement chain strap for my KS bag and it works perfectly and doesn't feel cheap at all. Also try mautto.com. I learned about that website browsing YouTube for videos on LV replacement straps. Hope that helps you.

What started as a constructive call to Customer Service is apparently going nowhere fast. Last month I was walking around my local Marshalls shopping and I hear a thud. My MK wristlet dropped to the floor next to me and thank goodness I heard it when it happened! For those of you who have wristlets like these, you know that the wrist strap has a pivoting clasp at the end that attaches to a small D-ring on the wallet itself. Well, the pivoting clasp fell out of it's rivet point at the end of the strap! Here is a picture:
View attachment 3564068

So I call these folks at MK since it was purchased from Neiman Marcus in late Jan. 2016 so it should be under warranty. The gal tells me I have to send in the entire wallet with the broken strap! Hell if I am gonna do that! The don't make this type of wallet anymore; all the new ones are humongous and open flat, which I dislike.

How hard should it be for these folks to realize that I can send them the two pieces of the broken strap, plus a copy of my receipt and copy of the original MK price tag and they should be able to send me a repaired strap or a new one? They are still making things in Pale Gold, so this shouldn't be an unreasonable request. Even if it was another complementary color.

I worry that they will try to replace my whole wallet with one of the new style flat ones and I will not use that.

I already bought a slightly cheesy looking leather gold strap from China although it is not Saffiano so I guess I will just live with that. Or use another MK strap from another wristlet. Or scour the internet for a used MK with a pale gold strap like this. Sigh.

megcurry

O.G.
Jun 25, 2007
So sorry to hear that it broke.. I think if you send it in for them to fix, and they can't, they'll send you the replacement like you stated. So definitely don't do that .I had problems with one of my Kate Spade bags and asked if they could send me a replacement strap (Id pay for shipping and for the strap of course) but they said that everything is made to be in pairs.. basically saying that they don't make extra parts for their bags/wristlets. They're all just made to go together. Which makes sense but is also inconvenient.

I'd try going on etsy and searching for a chain link wristlet strap, they're pretty affordable. I purchased a replacement chain strap for my KS bag and it works perfectly and doesn't feel cheap at all. Also try mautto.com. I learned about that website browsing YouTube for videos on LV replacement straps. Hope that helps you.
Thanks that is a good idea!

Reactions: lotusflowerbaum