Michael Kors or Louis Vuitton?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I have a wedding that I am attending in May. I am wearing a black gown and burgundy heels (it is a black tie event). My problem is that I purchased a Micael Kors weston clutch in black, however, now I'm wondering if I should instead get a Louis Vuitton epi pouchette in black? What do you think? Thanks for your help!

2. LV all the way!

3. I don't know the MK clutch but please buy not only goes with your outfit but what will please you forever after too

4. This is what I would do. I would use the occasion as an excuse to buy something I've wanted that I will always love.

5. I have the older style epi pochette in black and love it! The shape is very feminine.

6. I love the epi leather collection from LV. LV in a heartbeat!!!

7. The MK is beautiful. Nothing wrong with using it.

8. Hi everyone thank you for your responses. I'm going to get my dress altered next week, so hopefully I can make a decision by then. I guess the true problem is that when I got the MK clutch in the mail it was bigger and heavier than I expected making me think this would in fact be a "one time use bag." In the meantime I had purchased an LV monogram pochette and loved the size and shape of the bag. This then made me think of the black epi pochette. I will keep you updated, and thank you again for the help!

9. Black epi

10. Go with the LV definitely!

11. +1:smile:

12. MK black clutch or LV black epi pouchette paired with a black gown may be too monochromatic and can end up too simple or boring. Maybe either brand in a different colour that will work with your burgundy heels.

13. Yes, I agree with this.

14. Louis Vuitton definitely
    I have a wedding to go to in May also. I will be carrying my LV pochette with me.

15. I agree - an LV vernis in a bright colour would be lovely with a black gown. I also agree with those who say to buy something you will use often, not just a one time thing.