Michael Kors, Moschino or an "investment bag"?

Glamourangel

Feb 1, 2017
Hello

I was hoping that you would help me deciding what to do. I love buying new bags and has recently fallen in love with these two bags. But I'm not sure if I should get one of these or if I should save up for an "investment bag"? As many of you know, the trendy bags doesen't hold their value as good as a luxury designer bag and they aren't as timeless either. So my question is, should I buy the Michael Kors bag, the Moschino bag or a top designer bag?

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2018-06-14 kl. 22.15.38.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-06-14 kl. 22.15.38.png
    602.6 KB · Views: 968
  • Skærmbillede 2018-06-14 kl. 23.57.16.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-06-14 kl. 23.57.16.png
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 931
Both bags are very cute! I wouldn't spend that much on the Michael Kors. The soft pink version of the ruffle bag (and other colors) is $90 USD at Macy's right now. I don't know if Canada discounts bags similar to the US stores, but that bag is probably heading for a price drop soon.

Last edited:
Both bags are very cute! I wouldn't spend that much on the Michael Kors. The soft pink version of the ruffle bag (and other colors) is $90 USD at Macy's right now. I don't know if Canada discounts bags similar to the US stores, but that bag is probably heading for a price drop soon.

Thank you for your help! :amuse:

I know they just put a sale on for here. I personally like the MK i do not like the name written across the front on the first...

An investment bag? what one are you speaking of? the bags you have shown are "cheap" in comparison to premier designer bags so i feel it's a bit apples to oranges lol.

Reactions: reginaPhalange
I know they just put a sale on for here. I personally like the MK i do not like the name written across the front on the first...

An investment bag? what one are you speaking of? the bags you have shown are "cheap" in comparison to premier designer bags so i feel it's a bit apples to oranges lol.

I'm not really thinking about one specific bag. There's so many luxury designer bags that I want fx Dior Diorama, Dior Dioraddict, Louis Vuitton Louise Chain bag, Fendi peekaboo etc.

I don't know if I should save up to these kind of bags instead of having 10 bags from smaller designer brands or not

I'm not really thinking about one specific bag. There's so many luxury designer bags that I want fx Dior Diorama, Dior Dioraddict, Louis Vuitton Louise Chain bag, Fendi peekaboo etc.

I don't know if I should save up to these kind of bags instead of having 10 bags from smaller designer brands or not

Gotcha, well that becomes pretty personal. Some prefer larger collections of bags other smaller, some cannot invest large amounts in one bag so instead spread it out, others prefer to save up and invest in a few more expensive ones.

I do know generally speaking don't settle, you'll never be happy and only keep buying(selling/returning) alternatives that said you have to be realistic about whether you can afford a certain bag and/or whether it'll get used, i always say you can like a bag but don't have to own it.

GOod luck!

I think you should save your money and buy something from a luxury brand in a few months. It will be more special to you.

depends on what you want to spend
I don't think there is such a thing as an investment bag. But I don't know that much about Hermes or LV. Maybe certain styles do hold their value. I have premiere bags that retailed for over $1,000 and are now worth very little for resale.
Buy what you like and what you can afford
Of those two I prefer the MK