Michael Kors Hamilton Quilted Flap Shoulder Bag

simply sweet

May 8, 2008
Saw this bag at the store today and fell in love! It's cute and so, so soft. :smile: However, what discourages me from buying it is that bag is waayyyyyy too similar to the iconic Chanel flap. What do you guys think? What are your thoughts on designers "borrowing" from other designers, especially when it comes to such a recognizable bag.

Would love to hear everybody's two cents :smile:

http://www.michaelkors.com/store/ca...at8501&index=32&cmCat=cat000000cat8501cat3003

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
To me, Chanel screams Chanel because of the C logo at the clasp. Additionally, the Kors bags have the strap with the lock, which completely changes the look. If a person were to be sensitive to a resemblance to Chanel, then any quilted flap bag would be out of the question, and I find that unreasonable. I have the small quilted flap in gunmetal and I adore it. I don't feel like it is too similar to the Chanel at all - at least I would be able to tell the two apart with a glance across the mall at someone.

Love4MK

The Blonde Bag Lady
O.G.
Oct 3, 2010
New York
It does resemble the Chanel flap, yes, but designers seem to have a lot of similar styles. I'm extremely happy with this bag because I can afford it! I would love to own a Chanel flap, but since the price for that designer really isn't possible for me, I'll happily buy the Michael Kors version.

BEBEPURSE

Sad and Angry
Dec 7, 2009
However, what discourages me from buying it is that bag is waayyyyyy too similar to the iconic Chanel flap. What do you guys think?

That's exactly why I am considering buying it.:smile:

If you think about it.. the current Chanel flap is Karl Lagerfeld's interpretation of the original Coco design.

Last edited: