Michael Kors Colette - Thoughts? Anyone Own One?

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
attachment.php

I posted pics of this collection earlier this season but didn't pay much attention to the details. Someone else asked me about this bag, and I realized that the leather looks a lot like the leather used on the AW Rocco and MbyMJ Flash series.

I used to have a MbyMJ Leola and loved it - I sold it because I bought a AW Rocco. But lately I've been kinda regretting letting go of the Leola. But seeing this MK Colette - I wonder if it might be a suitable replacement (the price is certainly right!)

Does anyone own this bag or another from the collection? Anyone see it IRL? Is the leather very soft? Does the bag have a nice slouch on the shoulder?

Aside from the leather, I really like the leather woven chain and the fact that it's silver hardware (my Leola had silver HW, now all the new ones have gold :tdown:)

I have seen the metallic and the purple color irl. Honestly, I was disappointed. The bag seems a little plain in person. The purple was soft, but not really soft. I don't know, I was bummed I didn't like it better irl.

I haven't seen it IRL, but online it looks nice. I am concerned though about the strap -- the chain may hurt my shoulder? (have never had a bag with that construction before).

the chain wouldn't bother me as I'm used to them from Marc Jacobs bags. He actually did a few styles this season w/the leather woven chain and I love the look!!

I know that when I bought my MbyMJ Leola it wasn't especially soft at first either, altho the more I used and carried it, the softer the leather became. The leather on my Rocco is also very similar - it's buttery soft in some areas and a little "tougher" in others. I wonder if this might soften more with age and use?

I actually have the large black Colette tote with gunmetal hardware and I love it! The leather is very thick yet soft and I like the texture of the leather, it's a bit bubbly and not smooth or matte if that makes any sense. The texture gives it some character. I was concerned about the hardware chipping or fading but I haven't had any issues yet--no nicks, scratches in the leather, etc. I've been carrying it for about 3 weeks straight and it's been a workhorse. (Previously, I had a lot of Minkoffs and Treesje bags but those leathers seemed to show any and all knicks and marks from day 1.) I would like to find a Colette bag in aubergine now!

I like the shape and style of this one (and it's not a full chain for those who may not like that - there's leather padding)

but the leather on this bag doesn't look the same as the leather on the first one I posted. I like that textured, bubbly leather better than the smoother leather

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1261503-p-2x.jpg
    1261503-p-2x.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,121
I actually have the large black Colette tote with gunmetal hardware and I love it! The leather is very thick yet soft and I like the texture of the leather, it's a bit bubbly and not smooth or matte if that makes any sense. The texture gives it some character. I was concerned about the hardware chipping or fading but I haven't had any issues yet--no nicks, scratches in the leather, etc. I've been carrying it for about 3 weeks straight and it's been a workhorse. (Previously, I had a lot of Minkoffs and Treesje bags but those leathers seemed to show any and all knicks and marks from day 1.) I would like to find a Colette bag in aubergine now!

do you have pics of your bag?
your description sounds like the type of leather I was hoping for
this is the type of leather that both my Leola had and my AW has
is the leather on the MK Collete similar to this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• leola.jpg
    leola.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,100

I just found these pics on eBags -- these look pretty similar to the leather I was imagining
they call this "pebbled leather" - there's also a smoother leather version
which must be the other one I posted up above

Attachments

• colette1.jpg
    colette1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 428
  • colette2.jpg
    colette2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 399

do you have pics of your bag?
your description sounds like the type of leather I was hoping for
this is the type of leather that both my Leola had and my AW has
is the leather on the MK Collete similar to this?

attachment.php

I promise I will take some pictures tonight after I pick up DS from soccer practice! It's actually bubblier (not sure if that is a word but you get the point)! The stock pic of the tote does not represent the leather texture at all!

:nuts::drool::drool:
wow! JX, that bag is utterly AMAZING!!!
the leather looks exactly like the leather used for the MbyMJ Flash and AW Roccos -- I can't believe that bag retails for <$400!! The Rocco is more than 2x that price and I swear it's made from the same type of leather. Add in the details on the chain -- I'd say that bag is TOTALLY worth it's retail price!!
I might have to keep my eyes open for this beauty!

thank you for sharing pics!!:flowers::heart: