Michael Kors Colette - Thoughts? Anyone Own One?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. [​IMG]

I posted pics of this collection earlier this season but didn't pay much attention to the details. Someone else asked me about this bag, and I realized that the leather looks a lot like the leather used on the AW Rocco and MbyMJ Flash series.

I used to have a MbyMJ Leola and loved it - I sold it because I bought a AW Rocco. But lately I've been kinda regretting letting go of the Leola. But seeing this MK Colette - I wonder if it might be a suitable replacement (the price is certainly right!)

Does anyone own this bag or another from the collection? Anyone see it IRL? Is the leather very soft? Does the bag have a nice slouch on the shoulder?

Aside from the leather, I really like the leather woven chain and the fact that it's silver hardware (my Leola had silver HW, now all the new ones have gold :tdown:)

2. I have seen the metallic and the purple color irl. Honestly, I was disappointed. The bag seems a little plain in person. The purple was soft, but not really soft. I don't know, I was bummed I didn't like it better irl.

3. I haven't seen it IRL, but online it looks nice. I am concerned though about the strap -- the chain may hurt my shoulder? (have never had a bag with that construction before).

4. the chain wouldn't bother me as I'm used to them from Marc Jacobs bags. He actually did a few styles this season w/the leather woven chain and I love the look!!

I know that when I bought my MbyMJ Leola it wasn't especially soft at first either, altho the more I used and carried it, the softer the leather became. The leather on my Rocco is also very similar - it's buttery soft in some areas and a little "tougher" in others. I wonder if this might soften more with age and use?

5. I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm at the store this weekend and report back. :biggrin:

6. I actually have the large black Colette tote with gunmetal hardware and I love it! The leather is very thick yet soft and I like the texture of the leather, it's a bit bubbly and not smooth or matte if that makes any sense. The texture gives it some character. I was concerned about the hardware chipping or fading but I haven't had any issues yet--no nicks, scratches in the leather, etc. I've been carrying it for about 3 weeks straight and it's been a workhorse. (Previously, I had a lot of Minkoffs and Treesje bags but those leathers seemed to show any and all knicks and marks from day 1.) I would like to find a Colette bag in aubergine now!

7. I like the shape and style of this one (and it's not a full chain for those who may not like that - there's leather padding)

but the leather on this bag doesn't look the same as the leather on the first one I posted. I like that textured, bubbly leather better than the smoother leather

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. do you have pics of your bag?
    your description sounds like the type of leather I was hoping for
    this is the type of leather that both my Leola had and my AW has
    is the leather on the MK Collete similar to this?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. I just found these pics on eBags -- these look pretty similar to the leather I was imagining
    they call this "pebbled leather" - there's also a smoother leather version
    which must be the other one I posted up above

Attached Files:

10. I promise I will take some pictures tonight after I pick up DS from soccer practice! It's actually bubblier (not sure if that is a word but you get the point)! The stock pic of the tote does not represent the leather texture at all!

11. Ok I had a few minutes before I had to leave! Here are some quick pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last one is in comparison with my RM wine matinee. I hope this helps!

12. The leather almost has a silvery, shiny sheen to it. Not sure if you can see in the pics...

13. OMG the leather on your bag is amazing!!!!!

14. :nuts::drool::drool:
    wow! JX, that bag is utterly AMAZING!!!
    the leather looks exactly like the leather used for the MbyMJ Flash and AW Roccos -- I can't believe that bag retails for <$400!! The Rocco is more than 2x that price and I swear it's made from the same type of leather. Add in the details on the chain -- I'd say that bag is TOTALLY worth it's retail price!!
    I might have to keep my eyes open for this beauty!

thank you for sharing pics!!:flowers::heart:

15. Thank you Cooper and iluvmybags!!! Seriously it's TDF!! I am a cheapskate but paid full price for it! So worth it, IMO! Hope I have enabled some of you! :P