Michael Kors and Louis Vuitton

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaamyx

Jul 21, 2008
Am I the only one that thinks that Michael Kors totally rips off some of LV's designs? They have bags that looks like the Speedy, Neverfull, Totally, Sac Plat, etc. Now I understand that some of these are pretty classic style and lots of designers have in their collection but the prints of these bags are also so similar! There is a brown and tan like the mono, and even a cream and gray like the Azur.

It's just annoying because Michael Kors is considered a fairly quailty brand in terms of contemporary designers but sometimes it seems as if they're just producing cheaper replicas of LV.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.michaelkors.com/store/ca...03&navid=subNavVIEWALLHANDBAGS&navAction=menu

I think they're so sad looking. It's really too bad. I respected Michael Kors as a designer. My mom has an adorable little leather swing pack. But this style....... No

A lot of contemporary designers have been putting out bags too similar to other designers' recently. I noticed a Longchamp tote (I think it was Longchamp) that clearly resembles a Gucci tote, and then there are the Kate Spade quilted bags made like Chanel's...

Last edited:
On the flip side maybe there are people out there that like the Speedy style but can't afford it and would like another option? The MK is a good quality option and is better than resorting to fakes.

lenaofdc said:
On the flip side maybe there are people out there that like the Speedy style but can't afford it and would like another option? The MK is a good quality option and is better than resorting to fakes.

Definitely agree with this I think it's a good idea to offer people who like the style of LV but cannot afford it and alternative to fakes.

Yeah, the thread turned into who came up with the design idea first and then more MK and LV bashing...;-(

sort of like jerry springer, but for bag lovers 'ey :graucho:

But honestly who cares, yes it may look sad, but everyone has their own budgets and if you look closely they are not exactly the same, but you do see the similarities. If I couldnt afford LV, but wanted the LV look, i would go for a MK bag as it looks similar... at least its better than a crappy fake LV speedy bag...

and also looking at the website you listed earlier, some of the bags also look like the Bolide as well... and bits of the jypsiere... and the first few bags had that weave look sort of like Bottega Veneta...

Fashion is like books, films, songs, etc. Designers and others the like feed off one another and get inspiration from one anothers works... So in the end I dont really see whats the big deal about this MK copying LV or vise versa and also looking at the price of the bags they arent that cheap either for an average consumer too, so again i dont really see whats there to judge...

Just stating my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.