Michael Fassbender

I was saying I disagree with it being a pre arranged pap stroll. Cos seriously, why would he do that at home. I know he’ll do it to draw attention to something he’s promoting, such as the rally, but why would he need/want to do that walking down the road. He’s in Dublin cos Alicia is filming around Bray at the minute, probably agreed to do the rally cos he’d be home anyway until his wife is finished filming. This is the longest he’s made Ireland his base in a while so paps will be on the look out as they are for any celebrity, it’s what they are paid to do. But as I said, if Michael arranged a “pap stroll” then that photographer best give up cos the pics were pure ****e for a proper shoot.
(We sorted out our disagreement in 2016 and I’m not one to harp back on things resolved).

Arranged pap strolls are not only done to promote a project or a celebrity's persona. They are also often times done to promote a product. Designers pay celebrities to wear their clothes in paparazzi shots (I've always thought that those amazing shots taken of Michael walking through Heathrow in the Burberry overcoat were paid for by Burberry). Restaurants, hotels or retailers will pay for shots of a celebrity going in or out of their establishment. And tourism boards will pay for shots of a celebrity walking through their city to promote tourism. Since Lifestyles of the RIch and Famous, having a celebrity use a product has been a great way to promote that product. As people get more and more cynical about advertising, advertisers get more and more creative in finding covert ways to market. So it's entirely possible that Michael was paid to walk down the street and be photographed by the designer of his coat, shoes, the Dublin tourism board, or that lovely surf shop in France whose hat he can't pry off his head.

There are many ways to be a fan of someone or something. I personally don't subscribe to the idea that to be a fan you must offer blind loyalty. I respect sports fans who are strong enough critical thinkers to recognize that sometimes their team loses because they made a bad choice, or because a player is not as strong as he once was rather than always blaming outside forces. I respect a film fan who can go see a favorite actor or favorite director in a weaker performance and admit it wasn't great. To me, blind loyalty is boring loyalty. How does a performer know their work is truly great if fans will blindly cheer everything they do?

Yes, but that’s critiquing their work, not their personal lives or their marriage. If you can’t see the difference between a fan being able to say “I wasn’t too keen on that film” or “the team were atrocious and deserved to lose” (hey I’m an England fan, I’ve had to say this a lot) and digs or swipes every time he’s reported to be with his wife, well what can I say?

No one is asking for “blind loyalty”, simply respect for Michael’s decision to be happy and spend time with his wife without constant the constant, boring and repetitive digs.

And how does making digs in reference to his personal life help Michael grow as an actor in any way? Your argument only holds weight if the only criticism aimed his way is in relation to his acting ability and his films.

Yes, but that’s critiquing their work, not their personal lives or their marriage. If you can’t see the difference between a fan being able to say “I wasn’t too keen on that film” or “the team were atrocious and deserved to lose” (hey I’m an England fan, I’ve had to say this a lot) and digs or swipes every time he’s reported to be with his wife, well what can I say?

No one is asking for “blind loyalty”, simply respect for Michael’s decision to be happy and spend time with his wife without constant the constant, boring and repetitive digs.

And how does making digs in reference to his personal life help Michael grow as an actor in any way? Your argument only holds weight if the only criticism aimed his way is in relation to his acting ability and his films.

Where are the comments disparaging his marriage that provoked the response? From what I've read on the thread, pictures were posted of Michael walking down the street, and a couple of comments were made suggesting it could have been an arranged paparazzi shot. What does that have to do with his personal life? In all honesty, how is that disparaging him in any way? I think there is a whole lot of objection here to things that were not said!

Exactly this.

So let’s go again.
Look at these few pics someone took of Michael on U Merrion Street in Dublin. I love that Jacket and the cardy. He’s just finished in Daytona and will probably be racing next week. I’m glad he’s getting back to Ireland in between. Alicia’s filming moves To Tipperary soon, I think. I wonder where they’ll stay while that’s happening? The rally is the weekend after. Let’s hope for some pics from the next 2 races.
View attachment 4407356 View attachment 4407357 View attachment 4407358 View attachment 4407359

Where is the next rally?

I think the Tipperary filming is done, from what I’ve read production has moved to Bray, which explains why Alicia (and Michael) are based in Dublin atm.

An article about the new Child’s Play movie, hit with a quick update on Kung Fury at the end. Here is the pertinent part:

“And finally, I asked about the progress on the feature-length version of Kung Fury, the gloriously ludicrous, ‘80s-inspired action short film from a few years ago. Grahame-Smith and Katzenberg are producing the feature version, which is set to co-star Michael Fassbender and might even include Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Grahame-Smith says that one should be coming soon:

“We’re hopefully close to starting that movie. We’re just locking in some actor dates, but for us, that’s the next real production that we’re jumping into. That’s a big priority. Again, we’re trying to assemble a surprisingly great cast. You, knowing that short, will know that movie will be…I won’t even know how to pitch it or describe it. David [Sandberg], our director, is really trying to [step it up]. He plays Kung Fury, he’s one of the writers of this feature, he’s obviously the director of the feature. He’s trying to take what he did in half an hour and explode it into true insanity. I think he’s going to do it. That hopefully will start in the next couple of months.”

https://www.slashfilm.com/childs-play-remake-scene/

Reactions: Morgane
^ I'm not really against it because it's a role he can have fun with. But after his long break,I hope he does something else too (before or after).

Random question :P: does anyone know where this gif comes from?

7eb19e7a15cc7aa483027c5e8e53a505.gif