Michael Fassbender

There's also a teaser article for The Snowman in November's Total Film magazine in the U.K. (I'd post photos but it doesn't say much that is new) but generally I do think it all feels rather quiet around the film.

The movie was received very poorly in early screenings. There is a reason why it was not at any festivals this fall. Only expect a day of press before the movie if that.
That would mean that the movie is bad. It's not what we talked about some months ago.
Blade Runner wasn't screened at any festival and I doubt will be panned.. and it's embargoed until Monday,Tuesday before release. Regardless of its quality,it's a movie that doesn't benefit from reviews full of spoilers. Same for Blade Runner or mother! that was released soon after its festival run.

Usually if there’s even a semi-famous person racing a car, I’d honestly rather give that pit (and occasionally also that car if they’re somehow slummin’ it on track with me) a wide berth.
But lo and behold, Fassbender actually doesn’t suck at this. He started racing with Scuderia Corsa’s Ferrari Challenge team this year with one of the current-spec 488 Challenge cars and already scored a third-place podium finish at Mosport.
:P
I like these pics too:
pe6icjyfjbmqdn6newz2.jpg

sj2ktiieczketxplpavv.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-23_4-11-4.gif
    upload_2017-9-23_4-11-4.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 575
That would mean that the movie is bad. It's not what we talked about some months ago.
Blade Runner wasn't screened at any festival and I doubt will be panned.. and it's embargoed until Monday,Tuesday before release. Regardless of its quality,it's a movie that doesn't benefit from reviews full of spoilers. Same for Blade Runner or mother! that was released soon after its festival run.

]

What early screenings? Where and when was it screened and for what audiences? Are there any links to these reactions or is it the odd comment on blogs?

What early screenings? Where and when was it screened and for what audiences? Are there any links to these reactions or is it the odd comment on blogs?
I think we posted about two test screenings some months ago. There's not a link. It's just hearsay. We were talking about a screening reaction according to which it's slow placed and not very audience-friendly but may do well with critics. Obviously,everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

I think we posted about two test screenings some months ago. There's not a link. It's just hearsay. We were talking about a screening reaction according to which it's slow placed and not very audience-friendly but may do well with critics. Obviously,everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

What exactly does "audience friendly" mean? And "slow paced" ..... I recall that accusation being levelled at The Light Between Oceans, erroneously IMO.

As we know there is a particular sector of people who find it difficult to concentrate to let a story unravel; they crave fast paced action to keep them engaged. Who's to say the alleged criticism wasn't from this type?

Anyway, it's clearly hearsay originating from a handful (at most) of anonymous people.

Isn't it wise not to judge a film's merits until it's actually released and individuals can form their own opinion?

Audience friendly means movies audience would actually like to watch.

And Light Between Oceans was slow paced thats not an accusation thats the truth. Boring movie nobody saw. Thats why its called a flop.

Sorry I didnt mean to say that it was boring because it was slow. It was slow AND boring.

It wasn't poorly received? I remember differently. Like when the director's wife went on a rant because she didnt like what the critics had to say about TLBO LOL....and then she blamed the critics for the movie flopping. Like girl no the movie flopped because no one wanted to see that mess.

TLBO is slow placed,like many other movies that are not bad or poorly received. You found it boring,others evidently disagree. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is very slow,it's not a crowdpleaser,but that surely doesn't indicate anything about its quality.

Why would TLBO be fast paced? It's not that type of film and IMO was appropriately paced for the story it was telling. TLBO was not a critical flop either and its box office was commensurate with films of this genre.

There are "audiences" and audiences; definitely a large percentage of them thrive on action and popcorn films with low attention and concentration spans. Wouldn't expect them to like it, but I wouldn't watch anything they enjoy either. Quality can't be measured by their standards.

Anyway, somebody kindly sent me the link to the site where the alleged criticism from a preview originated. As far as I can tell it's a site where self styled "experts" with zero credentials spout their opinions. One of the more vociferous posters there runs the Weinstein Couple tumblr.... enough said!

The Snowman is being actively marketed in the U.K. and many other European countries; I suspect that's where the natural audience is for the film so it makes sense to focus it here.