Michael Fassbender

Promo images with MF:

tumblr_on4pickDbV1r1yyfko1_1280.jpg

C7dTMhXVMAAtFgX.jpg:large

Reactions: Morgane
The difference is these days I'm really unconvinced he's being offered the projects he wants. The last two years have been pretty damaging as far as his reputation as a box office draw goes. He's not even pulling in good numbers for indie films.
Well yeah that is pretty obvious. His break looks more industry imposed than self planned.

Still find it amusing how some people allow their own prejudice to colour their posts with absolutely no evidence to back them up.
In the absence of any facts I am repeating my post made in response to a post made by Mollie12;
"It's clear that Michael is hugely admired and respected within his industry and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't receiving scripts on a regular basis, not to mention options available to him within his own production company."
Also worth pointing out that Michael has been talking of taking a long break from acting for the past couple of years and would have had one between autumn 2014 and summer 2015 had the Steve Jobs role not been offered to him.
Why is his decision to have one now being regarded so negatively in terms of his career? Is the man not entitled to make his own choices? Or do some think he shouldn't devote time and energy to his personal life? And if not, why not?

Still find it amusing how some people allow their own prejudice to colour their posts with absolutely no evidence to back them up.
In the absence of any facts I am repeating my post made in response to a post made by Mollie12;
"It's clear that Michael is hugely admired and respected within his industry and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't receiving scripts on a regular basis, not to mention options available to him within his own production company."
Also worth pointing out that Michael has been talking of taking a long break from acting for the past couple of years and would have had one between autumn 2014 and summer 2015 had the Steve Jobs role not been offered to him.
Why is his decision to have one now being regarded so negatively in terms of his career? Is the man not entitled to make his own choices? Or do some think he shouldn't devote time and energy to his personal life? And if not, why not?
I think--as I may have said before--that we tend to put Michael under a microscope and ignore the industry, the successes and flops, other actors' breaks, etc., as a whole. Some of the "fan" blogs are pushing a narrative of a collapsed career and life, I know, but let's not join them.

I think--as I may have said before--that we tend to put Michael under a microscope and ignore the industry, the successes and flops, other actors' breaks, etc., as a whole. Some of the "fan" blogs are pushing a narrative of a collapsed career and life, I know, but let's not join them.

Totally agree, and suspect this desire to push a narrative of a collapsed career/life by some "fan" (?) blogs is motivated by their fury that Michael is in a settled relationship with Alicia. They have totally lost the plot and have no balanced perspective.

Reactions: Just Askin
Do you mean he's not sitting alone in a sparsely furnished hovel, checking his old phone constantly for emails that will offer him some much needed work? You're saying he has not been reduced to a faceless IMDb page with only a 2 line bio, that has a start and end date for his 'years active' inserted? You are telling me that Michael Fassbender is not, at forty, finished in the film industry? Wow that's a shocker! So all those blogs and our very own naysayers are telling some untruths or are giving us some wildly misguided/judged interpretations of what's going on with him. But surely you only have to look at any pic that snaps a second of his life and know all about him, his state of mind, what he had for breakfast, what he has said to every female he have ever met, who he has or hasn't spoken to that day, what he's doing tomorrow, what he himself considers important in his career. All these gossip blogs with so much factual information about him....should I be doubting them???

Do you mean he's not sitting alone in a sparsely furnished hovel, checking his old phone constantly for emails that will offer him some much needed work? You're saying he has not been reduced to a faceless IMDb page with only a 2 line bio, that has a start and end date for his 'years active' inserted? You are telling me that Michael Fassbender is not, at forty, finished in the film industry? Wow that's a shocker! So all those blogs and our very own naysayers are telling some untruths or are giving us some wildly misguided/judged interpretations of what's going on with him. But surely you only have to look at any pic that snaps a second of his life and know all about him, his state of mind, what he had for breakfast, what he has said to every female he have ever met, who he has or hasn't spoken to that day, what he's doing tomorrow, what he himself considers important in his career. All these gossip blogs with so much factual information about him....should I be doubting them???

Haha, you've nailed it! [emoji6]