Michael Fassbender

Not an expert of BO here, but does it mean the internationally BO looks okay-ish? I heard it cost 200m or something total. Correct me if I remember it wrong. How much do they need from overall BO in order to make the second one since they planned to have 3. Also, I heard a rumor that it will open in China at Feb, 10. I think IMDB already post it. Hope the Chinese market will help a little.

Rule of thumb is return of 3x cost shall be break even. Heard the news too it will open in China on 10 February. A good chance to help recover the cost.

Im so proud of Michael's choices. I loved all the movies I saw this year, especially The Light Between Oceans (rewatched again and again tonight). Oh my, how good is that movie! Along with Steve Jobs that was one of his best performances ever imo and both those movies came out in 2016, so that's been a great year for him: in terms of career and personal life. :smile:
I also liked Trespass very much and I love how Michael can make every genre and always being mega awesome.
Im so glad and proud of him, I'll never get tired of him, he's just indescribable.
I love him so much and I wish him the best things for the future.
Im watching the Globes and I miss him tonight. ❤❤❤ but I'm glad he's having fun with his girl in Cape Town :smile:

Not an expert of BO here, but does it mean the internationally BO looks okay-ish? I heard it cost 200m or something total. Correct me if I remember it wrong. How much do they need from overall BO in order to make the second one since they planned to have 3. Also, I heard a rumor that it will open in China at Feb, 10. I think IMDB already post it. Hope the Chinese market will help a little.
I heard it cost 120 to make not 200, but I could be wrong.

We are talking about Michael, are we not? He is an actor, is he not? If you're going to make a statement, you have to attempt to be understood. Okay, I'm going to let it be now since you don't want to discuss cinema.

^ Anyway, here's commercial success above, just for you. :nuts:
Uhhh 100 million on AC's budget is not even close to a commercial success.
I said in my post I think storylines are boring. Nothing about his acting.

So much for it being a "massive flop"....

Michael Fassbender's 'Assassin's Creed' Kicks Overseas Box Office Butt
I missed this box office news because it dropped after I closed the computer, but 20th Century Fox had a massive overseas expansion for their video game flick Assassin's Creed over the weekend. The film opened in a bunch of major markets (Switzerland, Chile, Greece, Israel, Denmark, Poland, Mexico, Russia, etc.) and basically doubled its overseas box office.

The film had around $50 million heading into the weekend (or at least at the end of last weekend) in foreign grosses. It earned another $45m over the weekend and brought its overseas cume to $98m. That includes $9m from Russia, $13m from France, and $7m from the United Kingdom. Including its $49.5m domestic total since opening just before Christmas of last year, the Regency/20th Century Fox offering has now earned $148m worldwide.

I don't want to proclaim that Assassin's Creed is going to hit $300 million worldwide, but the math exists if everything goes right for the next two months. But let's assume that not everything goes right and perhaps the film peaked last weekend. What we'd still be left with is something akin to The Legend of Tarzan which arguably overperformed in North America ($126m) and around the world ($353m) but still didn't qualify as a hit due to the $180m production budget.

Assassin's Creed was somewhat positioned as the would-be Batman Begins of the video game movie sub-genre, a polished, handsomely-staged, expensive, and well-acted action drama that just happened to be based on a video game. It didn't turn out that way for director Justin Kurzel or his "doing the best they can" cast, as the film was just as roundly panned as your average Warcraft or Hitman: Agent 47. But it's doing just a bit better here and abroad than its relative peers.

This is going to be one to watch over the next month for a variety of reasons, but it looks like Fox might just get its overseas Christmas miracle after all. No, it won't approach the $440 million total of Warcraft. But, by the time it's done, Assassin's Creed might just... one-up... much of its relative competition.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...-kicks-overseas-box-office-butt/#5695364a1e0e

So much for it being a "massive flop"....

Michael Fassbender's 'Assassin's Creed' Kicks Overseas Box Office Butt
I missed this box office news because it dropped after I closed the computer, but 20th Century Fox had a massive overseas expansion for their video game flick Assassin's Creed over the weekend. The film opened in a bunch of major markets (Switzerland, Chile, Greece, Israel, Denmark, Poland, Mexico, Russia, etc.) and basically doubled its overseas box office.

The film had around $50 million heading into the weekend (or at least at the end of last weekend) in foreign grosses. It earned another $45m over the weekend and brought its overseas cume to $98m. That includes $9m from Russia, $13m from France, and $7m from the United Kingdom. Including its $49.5m domestic total since opening just before Christmas of last year, the Regency/20th Century Fox offering has now earned $148m worldwide.

I don't want to proclaim that Assassin's Creed is going to hit $300 million worldwide, but the math exists if everything goes right for the next two months. But let's assume that not everything goes right and perhaps the film peaked last weekend. What we'd still be left with is something akin to The Legend of Tarzan which arguably overperformed in North America ($126m) and around the world ($353m) but still didn't qualify as a hit due to the $180m production budget.

Assassin's Creed was somewhat positioned as the would-be Batman Begins of the video game movie sub-genre, a polished, handsomely-staged, expensive, and well-acted action drama that just happened to be based on a video game. It didn't turn out that way for director Justin Kurzel or his "doing the best they can" cast, as the film was just as roundly panned as your average Warcraft or Hitman: Agent 47. But it's doing just a bit better here and abroad than its relative peers.

This is going to be one to watch over the next month for a variety of reasons, but it looks like Fox might just get its overseas Christmas miracle after all. No, it won't approach the $440 million total of Warcraft. But, by the time it's done, Assassin's Creed might just... one-up... much of its relative competition.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...-kicks-overseas-box-office-butt/#5695364a1e0e

Interesting.... IMO some people/outlets are way too quick to label films a flop, it's almost like they are willing that to happen! Saw a reference to that dreadful Legend of Tarzan in the article, hard to imagine how that managed to achieve the box office it did...one of the worst films I've seen in a very very long time; Skarsgard has no presence and can't act and not even Christoph Waltz could redeem it. Total mess IMO!

I'm still waiting to see AC's UK figures, but I suspect it will do well here. I believe it's very popular in Russia too and has still to open in several major South American countries, Japan and China. I'm optimistic this graph I referred to last night indicates a much healthier box office from non US countries:

IMG_1483995437.238622.jpg

Reactions: Just Askin
Interesting.... IMO some people/outlets are way too quick to label films a flop, it's almost like they are willing that to happen! Saw a reference to that dreadful Legend of Tarzan in the article, hard to imagine how that managed to achieve the box office it did...one of the worst films I've seen in a very very long time; Skarsgard has no presence and can't act and not even Christoph Waltz could redeem it. Total mess IMO!

I'm still waiting to see AC's UK figures, but I suspect it will do well here. I believe it's very popular in Russia too and has still to open in several major South American countries, Japan and China. I'm optimistic this graph I referred to last night indicates a much healthier box office from non US countries:

View attachment 3569711

I never saw Tarzan. Apparently, not many others saw it either. :P