Michael backpack in graphite problem

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
Does anyone have the older model Damier graphite Michael backpack? The new one came out recently I think - they got rid of the flap over the main compartment (which made it a pain to unzip and zip)

The most bizarre thing: there is no "made in" stamp on this bag!!! I have looked everywhere on it. It has a date code but no made in tag or stamp. I own 30+ LV items and this is the only one that doesn't have it! Can anyone check theirs? (All eBay and resale listings don't have a picture of a made in stamp either. I think LV forgot to include it in their design on this one)

I can't go to the store to check because they only have the new model (which has it in the main compartment)

On a side note, the canvas is cracking all along the flap from the zipper rubbing against it. It's 4 years old so I guess I'm okay with that - although I assume it's common because of the silly flap.

Does anyone have the older model Damier graphite Michael backpack? The new one came out recently I think - they got rid of the flap over the main compartment (which made it a pain to unzip and zip)

The most bizarre thing: there is no "made in" stamp on this bag!!! I have looked everywhere on it. It has a date code but no made in tag or stamp. I own 30+ LV items and this is the only one that doesn't have it! Can anyone check theirs? (All eBay and resale listings don't have a picture of a made in stamp either. I think LV forgot to include it in their design on this one)

I can't go to the store to check because they only have the new model (which has it in the main compartment)

On a side note, the canvas is cracking all along the flap from the zipper rubbing against it. It's 4 years old so I guess I'm okay with that - although I assume it's common because of the silly flap.

It might be a an embossed stamp (no color)?

I'm not familiar with this bag but on Yoogis they have one and it looks like it's on the leather part outside of the bag..could it be there ?

I'm not familiar with this bag but on Yoogis they have one and it looks like it's on the leather part outside of the bag..could it be there ?

Wow that is BIZARRE ! I just checked. You're right. Mine doesn't have that !

I mean it doesn't bother me that much but I've never in my life had an LV without a made in stamp. I asked a SA and she couldn't find it either. I know my bag is real.. It was made in 2011 and the one on yoogis is 2013, so maybe they realized they screwed them up? Lol

Wow that is BIZARRE ! I just checked. You're right. Mine doesn't have that !

I mean it doesn't bother me that much but I've never in my life had an LV without a made in stamp. I asked a SA and she couldn't find it either. I know my bag is real.. It was made in 2011 and the one on yoogis is 2013, so maybe they realized they screwed them up? Lol

If you bought it at the LV store, why does it matter?

I went to the LV store at Beverly Center and the sales associate told me that if the canvas cracks that you can bring back the bag to LV with your receipt and get a new one due to the design flaw.