Travel Miami: South Beach Hotels

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
Any recommendations? We'll be down for a week in April to do apartment hunting, and want to stay on South Beach to get a bit of a tourist feel for the city (will be our only time to really be tourists since we'll be living there for a couple years).

Price-wise, would like to stay at or under $200-250/night. Valet parking preferred since we're renting a car.

wait youre moving to miami? ;) yay!

one question though, when? as you can imagine that influences highly the prices of the rooms.

i really love the TIDES!

There is new hotel called the Mondrian, its nice and very hip too! the only issue is that its bayside and doesnt have a beach... they do have a special contract that Mondrian Guests are allowed to go to the Delano Pool and Beach. I like the fact that its a bit secluded from the SoBe craze too. Its a great place to be at on the weekends, if youre looking for a good time.

but i think the best for cost effective and VERY VERY NICE hotel is the nassau hotel on south beach. CLOSE TO EVERYTHING! GREAT PLACE! Its really a steal and a very chic place! no complaints and ive stayed there with friends when they've come to visit.

edit:
i've used this when traveling around to read about hotels. Feel free to do the same! it really helps!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34439-Miami_Beach_Florida-Hotels.html

Over the weekend, I just booked 2 rooms at the Mondrian for some girlfriends of mine that are coming in April for my baby shower. Travelzoo had a special rate of $195/night!! (reg rate is $275) I've been searching travelzoo for you, but it looks like that deal might be down, BUT they usually post new deals every Tuesday, so maybe it will come back up again?

I had also found:
$190 The Standard (I think the $190 rate is only for weekdays, weekends are higher?)
http://www.dealbase.com/Miami-Beach...eals/Perfect-Escapes-Benefits-Breakfast-17114

The Catalina Hotel from travelzoo
This Week's Top Pick from BookIt.com - Miami Beach
$99 -- Hip South Beach Miami Hotel w/VIP Perks
Plus, get a $50 rebate if you stay 3 nights or more
Valid midweek through April; Friday-Saturday just $60 more

The Mondrian is the newest, but it's not on the beach it's on the bay. But, it's got a great "scene" right now and it's big for Fri nites.
The Standard is about the same level as the Mondrian and it's also not on the beach but its just about a 5 min cab ride from everything. it's a cool little hotel, great pool.
The Catalina is more of a budget hotel for a younger crowd (20-30). But for the price it puts you in a good location across the street from the beach.

Like I said, I put my best friends up at the Mondrian, so I recommend that at the top of the list. check travelzoo tomorrow, the deal might come back up??