Mia Maggie or Sophia

Sep 8, 2010
Just need some direction and input....I am considering a Mia Maggie in Cranberry or Graphite patent or the leather Maggie in Platinum. I am also considering the Sophia small in the silver. What are your thoughts on these ladies?? Right now I am having them to hold the cranberry and the silver sophia for me, but I can only choose one. I was holding the graphite and the cranberry but the SA called and said that it accidently got sold as she was putting the hold on it, so it may not be an option. Would you choose one of these or another bag?? Suggestions welcome!!

I have/had both of the mia but I prefer the sophia. I hate the three compartments they are too much for me. I love the cranberry color, but felt it was too holiday for me so I returned it. I do love the patent leather on the mia better than the patent sophia. But I LOVE the silver metallic sophia more than the mia graphite hands down. GL

I think it really depends on how they feel when you try them on and whether you like an open compartment or divided compartments. I actually like the new Mia Maggie better than Sophia based on how it hangs when I wear it on my shoulder. Plus, I'm not crazy about the satchel handles on the Sophia when I tried the shoulder strap...I thought they stuck out kind of awkwardly (tried a patent version). Sophia ended up being a bag that I thought looked fantastic on the shelf but didn't wow me when I tried it on. The great thing about Coach is they have such a great variety of styles that you can usually find the right bag for you.
BTW, I have the cranberry Maggie and LOVE it.

I vote Mia Maggie. I just purchased it and love it. I tried Sophia and I didn't care for the satchel handles when using the shoulder strap it was very awkward the handles didn't lay right. Mia Maggie fits like a glove.

I haven't had much experience with the handles as in the satchels.....I have an alexandra and carried it by the handles for a week or so, but once I found the shoulder strap, I carry it hobo style. I have a Madison Maggie in the midnight color in the large and I was planning on exchanging it on one of the above (I just feel the large is too large on me...looks like luggage). I Love the color of the midnight, but I had an open mind for something else that would be smaller and be a better fit for me.

I love the Sophia but the Maggie SO not for me! I even found one deaply discounted at the outlet and still turned it down! But I love the Sophia!
^^I found a big difference in how the older Maggie (most of the ones found at the outlet right now) and the new Mia Maggie stay on my shoulder. It seems that the thinner straps and the extra rings attaching the straps on the Mia Maggie help keep the straps on my shoulder.

Older and newer style Maggies wouldn't stay on my shoulder at all. I also didn't like the many compartments. I love wearing my smaller Sophias on my shoulder with the single shoulder strap and how the open area is easy to find things. It is so easy to open my Sophia with one hand while driving too whereas some other bags you can't do that.

I had a Maggie and a Sabrina. They just did not work for me. Sold them both for Sophia. Sophia in the gathered style is beautiful and the regular one is nice as well. I love how I can carry it as a satchel and by the strap. You can see everything inside the bag as well.