MFF Peytons

Anytime you buy a bag at FP, you never know when that bag will turn into a MFF one. Coach used to change them a little bit, and that still made alot of us mad, now they just make the same bag!

I had a talk with my SA about this since it is one of my favorite bags. The only difference between the FP and MFF is :
- the F in the creed for MFF
- the coach hangtag is plain COACH for the MFF and the FP has a horse carriage and says "limited edition"
- the straps on the MFF are shorter than the FP
- MFF bags have no dust bags

other than that, everything else is pretty much the same. I don't notice anything in the patents. But I did notice the fushia peytons have a slightly different feel to the leather than the FP one. This is only noticable when observed closely.

Right now they only make MFF in fushia, patent black, patent grey, patent white. They even make the matching MFF wallets. One additional thing they did make is a naked black Peyton leather in MFF.

I don't like it either when they make MFF versions exactly the same as the FP version... Like the zoes. Oh well.

Obviously, Coach still had some in the warehouse. And, since Peyton was so popular, they also made some for factory. The creed of the factory ones will have an F in front of the number. I called a few outlets, and it appears, right now, that only the Flagship stores got them. Before it's all over, these Peytons could end up in all the outlets.

I, personally, think this stinks. I hate it when Coach takes great FP bags and then makes them identical for factory.

same

i can tell the difference between a legacy and mff legacy, zoe and mff zoe, etc 3 feet away..but i've worked with these bags day in and out. the mff looks like it but something is off..

I had a talk with my SA about this since it is one of my favorite bags. The only difference between the FP and MFF is :
- the F in the creed for MFF
- the coach hangtag is plain COACH for the MFF and the FP has a horse carriage and says "limited edition"
- the straps on the MFF are shorter than the FP
- MFF bags have no dust bags

other than that, everything else is pretty much the same. I don't notice anything in the patents. But I did notice the fushia peytons have a slightly different feel to the leather than the FP one. This is only noticable when observed closely.

Right now they only make MFF in fushia, patent black, patent grey, patent white. They even make the matching MFF wallets. One additional thing they did make is a naked black Peyton leather in MFF.

I don't like it either when they make MFF versions exactly the same as the FP version... Like the zoes. Oh well.

What is this? Naked black Peyton leather?

I think it's totally greedy of Coach to do this. They used to "change" the MFF versions some, but now WHY spend the extra $$$. Just use the same Dies, etc., and makes the same bags!!!

definitely the leather,
sometimes its the hardware too like the legacy was a bit more brass and worn look, complimenting the leather..versus the mff legacy had bright gold (cheap imo, sorry) hardware with leather that is more stiff..and not so nice and supple.

i think it depends on the individual. for me, i would have loved it if it was the exact same, but its not and *i* can tell. so it'll bug me. but some people can't or don't care, so its good for them

Last edited:
What is this? Naked black Peyton leather?

I think she is talking about the wallets. They made a black leather wallet in addition to wallets that match the four MFF Peyton colors.

They're really nice - they are pretty much the same as the Hamptons Vintage envelope wallets except for the colors and the legacy lining, though the quality of leathers is not quite as good.

On the flip side, it's good for those of us who missed out on the Peyton boat..I love my MFF fuschia Peyton and the leather is nice, not cheap.

You summed up how I feel. There is no way in the world I could afford a bag like this when it was in the full price store. I also didn't want to pay what they were asking when many hit the outlets last summer. Now this bag is priced at a price I am willing to pay. As long as the quality is right the whole MFF vs Botique doesn't bother me at all. That is if it's a quality made MFF bag.

Last edited: