MFF Ashley carryall- opinions?

giggles016

O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
I recently purchased a patent Ashley carryall in Garnet, but can't decide whether or not to keep it. The main thing that bugs me about the bag is the short straps barely fit over my shoulder with my winter coat on. Also, I can't decide if I like the patent. I love the color, but the patent almost seems cheap compared to my patent plum Maggie.

I've had this bag packed up and ready to return for a couple of weeks now, but I can't bring myself to do it yet. If you have this bag, could you please let me know what you think of it, and whether or not it is comfortable to carry? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I owned my first MFF Ashley and sold it for the same reason you mentioned-the straps. However I keep getting drawn back to it! One day at the outlet I was having purse indecisiveness and asked my Hubby to pick one out for me, that looked like "me". He knows what handbags will "work" for me and which don't. He headed over to the black siggie MFF Ashley carryall. After he told me how well the bag would work for me, from the shape to the pockets, I thought, well, I'll give it another chance. I LOVE MY carryall! I live in a temperate climate, so I don't have to worry about super thick clothing, but it does work for me. If I am wearing light clothes, I can fit it on my shoulder. If I am wearing my coat, I just carry it on my arm. I find it so comfy on the arm. I love how easy it is for me to grab my wallet, makeup bag and I keep receipts and other items in the center pocket. My lipgloss and phone work perfectly in the mulit-function pockets. I have to say I am really enjoying my carryall. But if it doesn't feel right to you-get something you love!

After the patent plum Maggie, any other patent is going to look cheap by comparison. That plum is seriously gorgeous.
I can't recommend that you keep it, but I have never been an Ashley lover so I'm biased. I hate short straps but Coach seems to do that on a lot of bags, so I have been putting up with it.

I just purchased this bag tonight at the outlet. I love everything about it. the short straps are meant to be worn as a satchel and of course the shoulder strap is just that for the shoulder. I love the leather and the color is just drop dead georgeous. I love that the patent is crinkled and not smooth, and did I mention its the best red out there. I tried to like the chelsea red and the audrey red but they seemed to bright red in the smooth leather. I even had the bordeau sophia and sold it cause I didn't carry it. So we are all different and we each have our own subtle desires, all I can say about this bad is the color is perfect. If I had a complaint I wish it was a FP bag so that the coach logo wasn't in script.
Good luck with your decision.