MFAH - TX Wildlife Special Edition

preppycowgirl

Boots and Birkin!
Aug 22, 2006
Hi all! Since it's Thanksgiving today I was giving some thought to which scarf to wear. Hands down, TX Wildlife wins!

My question is that I thought a few years back that I saw this special edition, from the Kermit Oliver exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, in black at the Madison boutique (it was a trade). Does anyone recall if it was issued in black?? :confused1:

Thanks very much!! :flowers:

Noooo, couldn't bear to wear the turkey while I was eating it LOL!

However, I could see wearing an Indian themed scarf to honor the Indians and the Pilgrims at the First Thanksgiving. I know the Kachinas is a stretch, but it is the best I can do:flowers: If that doesn't work, the only other would be L'Art Indiens des Plaines:idea:

Hi all! Since it's Thanksgiving today I was giving some thought to which scarf to wear. Hands down, TX Wildlife wins!

My question is that I thought a few years back that I saw this special edition, from the Kermit Oliver exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, in black at the Madison boutique (it was a trade). Does anyone recall if it was issued in black?? :confused1:

Thanks very much!! :flowers:

The MFAH scarves didnt have a black CW but there are two black Texas CWs that i know of. One has black background/red border. The other is black background and silver border, altho some would technucally say that that one has a very dark gunmetal grey background that looks black

The MFAH scarves didnt have a black CW but there are two black Texas CWs that i know of. One has black background/red border. The other is black background and silver border, altho some would technucally say that that one has a very dark gunmetal grey background that looks black

Thanks Seton! I have the black/gunmetal gray colorway...it's gorgeous. :P

I just remembered an MFAH that was black with lots of color, but I am probably mistaken...it was so long ago.

Noooo, couldn't bear to wear the turkey while I was eating it LOL!

However, I could see wearing an Indian themed scarf to honor the Indians and the Pilgrims at the First Thanksgiving. I know the Kachinas is a stretch, but it is the best I can do:flowers: If that doesn't work, the only other would be L'Art Indiens des Plaines:idea:

LOL! I didn't actually wear my TX Wildlife either! :roflmfao:

How about the other colors issued for the MFAH? How many CWS total?
Gosh I'd love to have one of those! But judging from Ebay prices so would everyone else! LOL

Texas & Houston roots run very deep in our family!

Thanks! - Okay: Now I see this info from preciouscolors.com too:

Texas Wildlife, Kermit Oliver, 2005 special issue for the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston in 3 colors: mint, hot pink and yellow
Yellow%201.JPG

turkey.SPEC.mint.ov.06.jpg

Pink%201.jpg

I wore the Linere-game birds-Thanksgiving is the last day of hunting season here. I'm beginning to think I'll never attain that dratted Texas scarf.

Linares is perfect for the season! There's a TX Wildlife on eBay now...but it's up there in price. Over $700, I believe. It hasn't sold yet...I think it's been listed about 3 times so far.

Patience is key...they do come around every so often on eBay! ;)

I'd love the original issue that came in browns/rusts....just stunning!! :love: