Mexico & Louis Vuitton safety question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys, I'm off to Mexico next week - specifically Cancun and Tulum. I was advised not to take any expensive jewellery so now I'm wondering about carrying my LV Keepall. I'm flying in from the other side of the world and I always take it with me on overseas trips. Is it crazy to carry it off the plane and to the resort in Cancun then the trip to Tulum? Initially I was also going to take my Speedy but thinking a Longchamps might be better.

Any advice please?

2. I carried my Prada bag when I arrived in Mexico but left it inside the hotel room most of the time. When I go out and about I only carried my Longchamp. The only jewelries I had were my necklace, watch and Love bracelets.
    I say just bring the minimum since you are coming from Australia, long flights and all. I live in US so going to Cancun, Los Cabos, Bahamas etc are not a big deal.

3. I am leaving for Cancun tomorrow. Do you have anything that you could share after having been already? I would really appreciate any advice! Thank you!

4. Hey Lolapopp, sorry I had issues logging in for some reason and missed your message. I took my Keepall and Speedy and had no issues, although I only travelled alone from the airport to the hotel. Not sure if you'll get this message in time, just make sure you avoid all the sales people in the airport - like any other tourist place really.

5. Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply Glistenpearls, I had issues logging into the purseforum. But I appreciated you replying. Thanks :smile:

6. Depends where you are going. Cancun has a huge new lv store and tulum is laid back. You will see it all.

7. Thanks Lv-nowwhat! I was concerned a little because I was travelling alone and was told I should go more 'low key'. I'm back now and wouldn't hesitated to take my LV with me again. I adore travelling with my Keepall :heart: