Mexican Dynasties

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
I've been recording it, haven't watched it yet but I want to give it a shot.

There was another Mexican reality-type show a little while back that I tried it it seemed to be a fancy soap opera, which I didn't like. I hope this one is good and not a Mexican Vanderpump Rules (how I HATE that show).

nyc_hou_mia

Dec 26, 2018
I've been recording it, haven't watched it yet but I want to give it a shot.

There was another Mexican reality-type show a little while back that I tried it it seemed to be a fancy soap opera, which I didn't like. I hope this one is good and not a Mexican Vanderpump Rules (how I HATE that show).

Lol i love vdp rules but I trashy reality tv is my guilty pleasure. It's def different, they are so over the top and extra. But I cant say I hate it.

Reactions: rockhollow

rockhollow

Reality TV junkie and Handbag Lover
O.G.
Jun 12, 2008
I loved it. Yes, it's people being way over the top, but that's what i want to see.
And yes, so catty remarks about each other, but seems pretty tame compared to the housewife shows.
But it is the first season, and even the housewives were better the first season.
The families in the show have all known each other for generations.
And I read on another chat the one of the families is related to Kyle's husband somehow.
So far my favourite are the gay brother and sister.

nyc_hou_mia

Dec 26, 2018
I loved it. Yes, it's people being way over the top, but that's what i want to see.
And yes, so catty remarks about each other, but seems pretty tame compared to the housewife shows.
But it is the first season, and even the housewives were better the first season.
The families in the show have all known each other for generations.
And I read on another chat the one of the families is related to Kyle's husband somehow.
So far my favourite are the gay brother and sister.

I agree, I'm ready for some more drama, so far its been a bit slow. For sure the brother and sister are the most entertaining.

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
I love this show--pure gold!

So over the top and labels everywhere (a little kid is wearing a Gucci t-shirt). The makeup, the catty remarks, the help with their own catty remarks, the hot son that doesn't work, the gay brother and his sis, the dad that looks like Tom Jones in his hey day wearing a tiny swimsuit and reading the Toto toilet manual while ON the Toto toilet, his crazy wife--this is like a breath of fresh air compared to the HWs shows.

To anyone who is watching--does the blonde daughter (not sure of all the names yet) look like SJP a bit?

Reactions: meluvs2shop

Onthego

lostmymarbles
O.G.
Mar 2, 2012
I love this show--pure gold!

So over the top and labels everywhere (a little kid is wearing a Gucci t-shirt). The makeup, the catty remarks, the help with their own catty remarks, the hot son that doesn't work, the gay brother and his sis, the dad that looks like Tom Jones in his hey day wearing a tiny swimsuit and reading the Toto toilet manual while ON the Toto toilet, his crazy wife--this is like a breath of fresh air compared to the HWs shows.

To anyone who is watching--does the blonde daughter (not sure of all the names yet) look like SJP a bit?
Love your recap.

rockhollow

O.G.
Jun 12, 2008
I am continuing to love the show.
The musical family (I also don't know anyone's name's yet) are so over the top. The younger son acts like he's 17 - it almost hard to believe that he's 27!
And the dad must have have lots of PS - he sure doesn't look like he's 65. The mom is not aging so well even though I'm sure she's also had lots of PS done.

And then the soda family. The daughter telling about her mother forcing her to 'fat camp' for months before she got married. And how happy she was that he husband was coming so she could eat something more than 1/2 a mango - these people are delightful with being over the top.

From the previews, looks like we're in for lots more drama.

rockhollow

O.G.
Jun 12, 2008
Yup I'm def loving this show as well. It seems more down to earth and funny than the HW shows currently on Bravo. And the drama is def heating up after this weeks episode.

I saw on insta that Elan and Jennys new single came out, its pretty good actually!
do you know the name of it? I'd get it just cause I love the show.
I also love all the eye rolling of the hired help

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I am continuing to love the show.
The musical family (I also don't know anyone's name's yet) are so over the top. The younger son acts like he's 17 - it almost hard to believe that he's 27!
And the dad must have have lots of PS - he sure doesn't look like he's 65. The mom is not aging so well even though I'm sure she's also had lots of PS .
Did you see the reveal of old snapshots?The parents were a very attractive couple in their youth. No ps, just natural good looks.

They didn't just have had ps, they changed their facial features and now look like puppets. The mom shortened her nose so much, there's too much space between her nose tip and top lip.

The dad is colouring his hair too black and his eye job is jarring.

Two good-looking people just maybe needed a facelift if they were so concerned or some Botox, but they went too far!