Metis

M Jones

Dec 4, 2015
I'm considering purchasing a monogram Metis. Looking for feedback on this great-looking bag. Also wondering about the shoulder strap. It looks a little short for cross-body. Would bag work well with purchase of an extra, long strap for crossbody purposes? Thanks for any info you can give!!!

I love my Metis hobo. The strap it comes with is too short for me to do crossbody. I tried it once when I did a lot more walking than I intended on a trip, but it was awkward and the bag was much too heavy. I am 5"5" but I do use the mono strap for my right shoulder and it is very comfortable.

I have the mono and Empreinte in Amethyste and Celeste...I haven't used the Amethyste yet but get compliments on the Celeste..the metis is such a comfortable bag and I love the double strap option..a lot of interior storage ..definitely check out the metis clubhouse ...I almost sold my mono and after reading the clubhouse posts especially from shoppinmel and charleston-mom, I kept it and really happy I did. I have these two members to thank for keeping my bag:smile:, I think I would have regretted selling it....

There's an entire clubhouse for this bag that has tons of photos and feedback. It's a wonderful bag but get it quick if you still can as it's been discontinued.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-magnificant-metis-hobo-801373.html
Thanks! I went up to my local LV and you're right, there are only three available at other stores. (And they'd probably be display models at this point, so I'm not too tempted anymore.) But while there, I test drove the new Melie just out. FELL IN LOVE with it. Unfortunately, I just purchased the DE Delightful within the past 30 days and can't quite justify another right now. Or can I??? :smile::smile:

Update: After considering Melie's larger size and what seems to be wider opening, I purchased a monogram Metis hobo. For me, I think it's best choice. Hope it comes quickly!

Where did you find one?
I rarely purchase pre-owned (though I do resell mine), but found one on eBay that passes all authentication, being sold by the original owner. It looks rarely used, and the vachetta patina is just right. (I have a long LV strap that will be perfect for crossbody.) I don't have many monograms anymore and mostly concentrate on DE, but the style and the feedback I've read about this bag made me very interested. I'd considered ordering one of the three my SA located for me, but knowing (and her telling me) they'd be display models, I balk at paying full price.
After back and forth with seller, who knows her LVs, and paying what I felt a very fair price for a pre-owned bag, I took the plunge. And boy, am I excited!!! Will keep you posted!

Last edited:
I rarely purchase pre-owned (though I do resell mine), but found one on eBay that passes all authentication, being sold by the original owner. It looks rarely used, and the vachetta patina is just right. (I have a long LV strap that will be perfect for crossbody.) I don't have many monograms anymore and mostly concentrate on DE, but the style and the feedback I've read about this bag made me very interested. I'd considered ordering one of the three my SA located for me, but knowing (and her telling me) they'd be display models, I balk at paying full price.
After back and forth with seller, who knows her LVs, and paying what I felt a very fair price for a pre-owned bag, I took the plunge. And boy, am I excited!!! Will keep you posted!

Awesome! I have no doubt you will love her!

I tried for days with different Client Advisors on the LV webiste trying to buy the Metis hobo, and the ones that were showing in the system were being classified as "defective" so they would not release them for sale. Wound up being my lucky day last week when I saw on the Ann's Fabulous Finds site that she had just received a pre-loved Metis for sale. I bought it right away and could not be happier with my purchase. Got the dustbag, shopping bag, receipt of purchase with it too.