Metis Monogram or Empreinte?

Cmariewhite87

Nov 30, 2013
I'm hoping everyone can help me decide :smile: I love the Metis! I know I want one and would like to get it before the price increase, however, I cannot decide if I want the monogram or empreinte. I don't know much about the empreinte. Will it hold up and be practical for me since I have 2 small kids or is it better to get the monogram? Thank you!

I just bought the mono for the 2nd time ~ I bought it when it first came out a year ago, and I hated the way it "puddled" and flopped over when I set it down. But I really really love the bag, so i bought it again and now put a pursetogo jumbo organizer in it, and Voila~it stands up tall and doesn't fall over. Yesterday it was raining, so I took off the vachetta handle and I had a totally weatherproof bag. I would go with mono.

I'm in the same situation not sure which to get. I tried on both and if course love the empirete I just and thinking the mono will be better in the winter here especially since we just got a foot of snow. In the mono I won't care if it gets wet

I have to be honest, I think it's beautiful in both Mono canvas and Empreinte leather. In Empreinte, because of the size and style, I like it better in neutral colors. As far as durabilty, I'm a little torn there because I've seen many Empreinte bags on the resell market with scuffed corners. I'm not saying that canvas is more durable but I don't think that type of wear would be as common with canvas. Good luck deciding.

I bought the Empreinte Métis in Celeste this past summer, but just sold it last week because I found it was NOT a great bag to have around kids. Not good for the playground (no time to switch out purses all the time!) and I caught myself barking at the kids if they got near the purse with their sticky fingers, feet, etc. Am switching back to canvas- lighter and so much more carefree. Figure I will get another Empreinte when they go off to college in 10+ years.... :smile: