Metis hobo or delightful mm? Thoughts?

jxwilliams

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Hello all! I'm looking at getting either a preowned metis hobo or the delightful nm in Monogram. I have read through the threads about the issues with metis and unfortunately the owner does not have the receipt so I'd have a problem if any issues came up. This bag would be my only bag, pretty much everyday. I work in a business casual environment. On weekends, I wear jeans or sweats [emoji13]

If anyone has an opinion, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

I'm personally not a big fan of the Metis hobo, it seems to be unfinished to me... Idk. And it also seems too large. I like the proportions of the Delightful much more and I think it's a very beautiful bag. Just know that the strap of the Delightful tends to fall off the shoulder on a lot of people (including me). I had two (a DA and a DE) and sold the DA on Friday, because the vachetta strap didn't stay long on my shoulder. Strangely I don't have the same issue with the DE one.

Reactions: jxwilliams
Metis all the way!!! I love mine. It's roomy, it's comfortable, it has interchangeable straps and except for tiny bit of vachetta on the s-lock, can be an all weather bag. It's my favorite LV bag that I own. I also use my speedy b strap and carry it crossbody sometimes and I use my new orange and monogram bandoliere strap as well. I didn't like it until I tried it on in the store and then I was in love. I had a DA delightful as well, but I didn't like how the strap slipped off my shoulder, so I sold it. Good lock deciding and let us know what you choose!

I LOVE my Metis Hobo. I've owned 3 Delightfuls, both old and new models, and I sold all 3 of them. I hated fussing with folding the top edges of Delightful. Metis Hobo is so comfy to carry on the shoulder with either the shorter vachetta strap, or the longer mono strap, and the bag is easy to get in and out of. I also love the slip pockets on the inside, plus the huge zip pocket. And, it's gorgeous, with the front pocket and the latch.

They're both great hobo bags but if you have your heart set on the Metis then see if the seller can get LV to reprint the receipt or if not then LV shouldn't give you any hassle about potential future repairs without it, especially if you already have a buying history with the company.

I LOVED my Metis hobo. Favorite bag ever and I thought I would have it until I wore it out. Unfortunately I recently found cracking on my second Metis and exchanged it for a Bagatelle. I wouldn't buy one without a receipt. If you can get this bag with a reprinted receipt, go for it. If not, wait for one that comes with a receipt.