Metiers d'Art 2014

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
They are here!

http://www.purseblog.com/chanel-bags/chanels-texas-inspired-metiers-dart-2015-handbags-arrived.html

Last year's collection was amazing, what do you think of what we are seeing so far here?

The collection is available, but the prices are not.

I am underwhelmed, but in the spirit of choosing, I pick this one....

Chanel-Tweed-Classic-Flap-Bag.jpg

and, in the spirit of choosing one that is more exhuberantly themed for the collection, and because I love cowboys, I will (a bit reluctantly) pick this one...

Chanel-Belt-Buckle-Minaudiere.jpg

Last edited:
I want to know who ends up buying the "cousin it" bag. I'm sure most of these bags will end up in the discount bins next year & even then most won't be sold.

The clutch with the jewelled pistols and the camellia. The fringing. The fur. Oh dear. A couple of them made me lol. The clutch made me gasp (and not in a good way). I have no words to describe how truly, horribly bad this collection is. IMO, obviously...

Nope, I was underwhelmed as well (understatement)...the whole western idea just doesn't suit Chanel really well I'm afraid. And personally I'm not into the whole extreme fringe bag trend going on across brands. Nevertheless I'm sure it'll do well.

I too do not understand what Chanel is attempting to accomplish. :confused1:

This is my favorite comment on the blog, it literally made me lol!!!!

"As a native Texan, I'm stunned. Where into the bowels of Texas HELL did someone descend to and escape from to be inspired to "design" those "handbags"?

(DISCLAIMER: The bags shown here designated as a Texas inspired theme are in no way associated with the State of Texas USA. Chanel has labeled them as such without the express or implied permission of the State of Texas, it's counties, cities or people).

IF they had bothered to ask, we would've just said "NO".

And frankly, I've seen better looking road-kill than some of these things..."

I'm so glad I found this brooch from the collection. It was so hard to find! I love the boots as well!

Attachments

• IMG_4220.jpg
    IMG_4220.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4211.jpg
    IMG_4211.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 301