Method for shortening sleeves - Burberry Trench

Hopefully you received your coat and alteration was done well. Any visible holes?

Sorry for the late response, but good news- no visible holes that I could see. Only downside is they didn’t ship it until I called to follow up, and they sent it in just the garment bag. No box no nothing!! Horrible service from a boutique.

How were your alterations?

Very happy for you! I will be requesting to have it done this way also. It's been a very stressful issue and I'll be glad when it's over. Keeping my fingers crossed!

As FYI, my Kensington came back and it looks great. No holes at all and the length is perfect. I was worried about the length as my SA thought it should be longer (to my thumb knuckle), but I prefer it slightly shorter. Then I was worried she pinned it too short. But it turned out perfect.

I hope yours is too! Good luck!

As FYI, my Kensington came back and it looks great. No holes at all and the length is perfect. I was worried about the length as my SA thought it should be longer (to my thumb knuckle), but I prefer it slightly shorter. Then I was worried she pinned it too short. But it turned out perfect.

I hope yours is too! Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Good to hear yours came back perfect! Hope mine turns out as well as yours.

Hi ladies, just been reading through your thread and got to thank you as I’ve found it really useful!
I have just purchased a Sandringham and need the arm shortened and have been worried about this as I’ve always thought sleeves on coats like this were done from the top and have been wondering if the arms will be tighter.... I will definitely ask for it to be done from the bottom and have them move the buckle.
Hope your all enjoying your beautiful coats

Reactions: pecknnibble
Sorry I know this is an old thread. But I just bought a trench from Vestiaire and the sleeves seem odd. There is an excess of inner fabric and the button stitching can be seen inside the sleeve. I have another Burberry trench and you can see the button stitches inside. I thought they all were sewn hidden in the lining. I think the sleeves have been altered which wasn’t disclosed as such. Anyone seen this before?

28A1CB8C-0110-4D57-BF54-3033CFBF3F44.jpeg

If you have a bigger upper arm, always recommend consulting with the tailor. My last two Burberry trenches were shortened from the cuff for that reason.
@Hikitten, perhaps you could bring it to a tailor and ask what was done to your sleeves.