METALLICS: How To Care For It

Tinagirl11

O.G.
Jun 5, 2011
Hi ladies, a few questions:

What care/maintenance do you use for your metallic aged calfskin or lamb pieces?
Will the color easily rub off/fade with daily use?
Which products have you tried/recommend? Will luvinmybags delicate protect work?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
i've hardly used mine b/c of these worries!
back in 08 all the tpf gals were crazy for these metallics ~ i ordered the red w gold w/o
seeing IRL...used maybe 3x...still cant seem to part with it!

Love my 07 DS! Just keep it stuffed with tissues or felt or fabric & wrap the chain in its own felt separately & the whole bag keep inside the sleeping bag & lay flat. Alternate laying from front to back, back to front once in a while when storing or after use. Also I always leave the lock open too...HTH!

Hi everyone,

A few of us on TPF have recently purchased Metallic Lambskin minis and M/Ls, specifically the Charcoal Gray and Bronze.

While the metallic lamb is absolutely gorgeous, how can we care for/treat/clean this material in order to prevent the dreaded peeling/color rub off, etc that may occur with metallic lamb?

When I purchased my Metallic Lambskin Charcoal Gray mini last week (thanks to TPF Member Zasha for referring me to her SA who got 1 in stock!!), the SA told me to be careful because the treated lambskin is even more delicate than the regular lambskin.

Would love to hear about others experience with metallic lambskin. Did you have problems with it? If so, what type of problems? And can anything be done to prevent the issues that come with this material, such as a treatment of some sort?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Reactions: paloma20
Hi everyone,

A few of us on TPF have recently purchased Metallic Lambskin minis and M/Ls, specifically the Charcoal Gray and Bronze.

While the metallic lamb is absolutely gorgeous, how can we care for/treat/clean this material in order to prevent the dreaded peeling/color rub off, etc that may occur with metallic lamb?

When I purchased my Metallic Lambskin Charcoal Gray mini last week (thanks to TPF Member Zasha for referring me to her SA who got 1 in stock!!), the SA told me to be careful because the treated lambskin is even more delicate than the regular lambskin.

Would love to hear about others experience with metallic lambskin. Did you have problems with it? If so, what type of problems? And can anything be done to prevent the issues that come with this material, such as a treatment of some sort?

Thanks so much!

You are welcome & thank you for starting this thread! :smile:

I thought the charcoal grey was calfskin. I could be wrong. I do have a metallic dark silver camera bag in calfskin and it still looks great after many years of use. I have never applied any special treatments to it and think it has held up very well. I am curious about the silver lambskin and hope it is not prone to color transfer and that it will be durable.

I thought the charcoal grey was calfskin. I could be wrong. I do have a metallic dark silver camera bag in calfskin and it still looks great after many years of use. I have never applied any special treatments to it and think it has held up very well. I am curious about the silver lambskin and hope it is not prone to color transfer and that it will be durable.

Hi ChanelLisette! In regards to the silver lamb, I decided to exchange mine with Bronze - medium. As the silver that I got has a dent on the inner flap, and has scratches outside. I think that metallic silver lamb is very delicate and too high maintenance IMO. But color is really stunning!!!

Last edited:

Hi ChanelLisette! In regards to the silver lamb, I decided to exchange mine with Bronze - medium. As the silver that I got has a dent on the inner flap, and has scratches outside. I think that metallic silver lamb is very delicate and too high maintenance IMO. But color is really stunning!!!

Congrats ! I saw the bronze a few days ago. It is lovely

oooops, sorry, I meant *big dent*

Thanks Solouloulou, color is really gorgeous but I'm not quite sure how well it will hold up. If you'll check in chanel's website, the medium classic bronze says metallic calfskin A01112Y08174.
Have a great night!

That is too bad about the silver. Do you have a pic of the bronze? I would love to see it.

here you go..I love how the color changes under different lighting

Attachments

• photo copy 5.JPG
    photo copy 5.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 2,554
  • photo copy 7.JPG
    photo copy 7.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,527
  • photo copy 8.JPG
    photo copy 8.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 2,517
Last edited:
Reactions: Sharifshopping

You're right, Zasha informed me that the metallic charcoal gray mini is calfskin. I had read certain posts that referred to it as treated lamb, then my SA warned me to be very careful with it b/c this mini is so delicate due to being treated leather. I'm happy to hear that its not lamb, b/c I intend to use mine regularly as opposed to occasionally. This is my first Metallic Chanel, so I want to make sure I'm taking proper care of this particular type of leather.

Glad to hear your metallic camera bag has held up nicely over the years, that's great news! :smile: