METALLICS -- For how much longer?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are metallics here to stay? Yay? Nay?

I'm seriously considering plunking down $$$ for a gorgeous Tod's gunmetal bag but don't want to be regretting my purchase a few months -- or even a year -- from now. Do you guys see metallics as a mainstay in handbags?

2. I do, I think the bronzes and gunmetals serve as neutrals in the bag 'wardrobe' and will be able to be used for a long time. What I do NOT think has staying power is bright, shiny gold or bright, shiny silver. Too disco!

I have a bronze/metallic chocolate Elliot Lucca that I plan to carry for a long time!

3. They have been in every year for at least the past 4 years - probably longer, but that's how long I have been paying attention to it! I think they are here to stay, and it's the bag style and shade of metallic that matters. Subtle metallics in classic shapes will be around to stay.

4. If it makes you feel any better, people have been asking that same question for years now, meaning that every year people fear metallics are on the way out and every year they remain popular. I do agree that pewters, bronzes and gunmetals are a better choice than shiny-shinies, though.

5. Ok, that's all the convincing I needed. :P

I just placed my order -- here it is!

[​IMG]

6. hi! Please do a search and join one of the exisiting threads :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.