Metallic wears off on Chloes?

Oh wow - this is enlightening though a little bit late.

My argent mini paddy should be with me in less than 22 hours.

Has anyone got any pics of how bad the damage is, or if there is anything which can prevent it?

My aubergine paddy has experienced colour loss, particularly underneath the handles and on the edges of bag. This has revealed metallic silver underneath but I think it looks quite nice, given that the hardware is also silver!

I've sent back a gold paddy and another aubergine paddy to NAP before because they arrived with noticeable colour loss. The gold had faded away in parts to reveal areas that were both black and red in colour!
hi i have a mini paddington in silver and the handles were becoming orange... i bought last month a particular metallic silver spray for leather ... the effect was perfect and the bag returned like new;)

I've been using my metallic aubergine paddy for ages and there aren't really any signs of the colour rubbing off... so maybe they dealt with the problem in the later batch of metallics..

I had this experience with a Miu Miu bag some years ago but I carried it everyday for a year (it was one of my first designer bags). The color definitely wore off on the handles. Can't speak for Chloe metallics but I can say that I had a gris-vert paddy that started to fade to brown after only 2-3 months. It was mostly on the back side and around the folds/edges. I took it back to Chloe and they wound up destroying it when they sent it out to be re-dyed.

Bottom line I would be cautious if you are concerned about wear and also for those who considering repairing.

I had an argent (silver) paddington that started rubbing off to show a whisky/cannelle color underneath, this was mainly on the edges and piping at the corners. I returned it and later saw a used argent paddington on ebay which had turned almost completely whisky with just silver in the creases and folds of the leather, it wasn't a very pretty sight. I don't want to alarm anyone, but it is something to keep in mind if you choose a metallic.